Kickstand

shley00

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Anyone not a fan of the kickstand design? I want to be able to use it as a night clock on landscape at night but I can't because the charger is in the way! Thy should have put it on other side I think

Also having the speaker underneath makes the sound muffled when you have it down. Just could have been better placed I think.

Thoughts?

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I agree, I don't like the kickstand either. It muffles the sound and makes it harder to hear, such as when I'm using GPS and trying to listen to driving directions. This forces me to have to open the kickstand while holding the TB in right hand, and driving with my left hand. A pain. The kickstand is a joke.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I like it...

But they probably should have put the charging port on the other side. But who knows, it may have not worked there without a redesign of the phone, every millimeter is planned out on these phones. We have no way of knowing what requirements/instructions the engineers had.

allprochris

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Rather than move the charging port they could have made the kickstand open from the opposite side. Although the kickstand now isn't a huge personal issue for me, its just aggravating when something so simple would have fixed it.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Rather than move the charging port they could have made the kickstand open from the opposite side. Although the kickstand now isn't a huge personal issue for me, its just aggravating when something so simple would have fixed it.

But now the volume buttons would be on the bottom of the phone against the ground. Which is the greatest evil; I do not know.

djcyph

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
i have it plugged it landscape as a night clock...just have the lower right corner hang little off night stand...kickstand wont hang off and it works fine

Reactions: ChuckG73

anon(149276)

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
its such a simple mistake that its kind of suspicious to me.

I def. think its so that they could sell more docks.
Maybe not so much to sell more docks but just to work with docks. It would be annoying for docks if it were anywhere else but that side. But I guess they could design docks to accept phones the other way. Oh well, I was kind of upset about it since I like to use it as an alarm clock at night, but portrait mode is no problem. Charges and gets the job done while fitting in my car dock.

fludkilla

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Therr is a way you can charge it and have it on the kickstand. For me i have to put it on the edge of ny nightstand but, it still feels awkward in a way. Sometimes the speaker does sound wierd.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
If you look at how deep the hinge goes in to the phone it is fairly obvious the hinge and USB port couldn't bgr on the same side.

Plus, the volume controls would be down and that would be really bad. Also, since most people are right handed it makes since to put the charger on the left side so you can hold it with your right hand while its charging.

Trust me, I'm sure every facet of this design was analyzed more than we could imagine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15