Is the tb worth it?

Aspdmouse

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to know sense the TB has come out are all of you happy with it? if so what are your favorite parts about it? IF not what are your least favorite parts?

anon(149276)

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Well, if you're interested in purchasing and are coming from a smaller phone. Check this thing out in the store. It is a little bit of an adjustment for me. But without a physical keyboard I am glad it is bigger. The screen is muuuch better than my OG Droid. LTE is nothing short of a miracle and surprises me every time I use the speed test. Browsing the internet is completely natural on the Thunderbolt. I can say with a straight face I can use it as easily as a desktop browser. It is just so quick and fluid and I feel like I can get stuff done. That being said, I do not see the need for a dual core at this point. Yes, the single core will be outdated by summer, but the dual core will be outdated by fall with quads. The processing power of the TB is completely fine for current games and most needs. I personally like the kickstand. I think it is kind of silly but in the same respect, it's awesome for videos and I'm sure for video chat. Battery life sucks. You're going to need to spend more money on either extra chargers or extra batteries. But it's hard not to find a phone that has a 4.3" screen, Lte, lots of background features in Sense and be completely feature packed and get good battery life. And my favorite part of the phone has to be the ability to stream whatever I want whenever I want without the worry of overages. Now that carriers are switching to tiered pricing, the Unlimited Lte for the same price as unlimted 3G is something else. I showed my boss today who has the incredible a speed test, and he said he wasnt sure if he'd make it till summer to see the iPhone 5. We'll see. Simply put, crazy fast phone with ability to do 95% of things on the market, great media device but be prepared for less than stellar battery life.

Also, I think there are threads already set up for this kind of question. just an FYI

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Bloatware of all newer high end phones is my only dislike. If they continue to be under powered battery types in phones as they demand more they one thing they should consider is to not add so much useless auto starting bloatware.

Had roughly 12 smartphones and I would not take ANY other phone of my experiences with HTC Incredible and now the Thunderbolt. It will always be to each his own and bad experiences will make people throw in the towel pretty quick when it comes to $200+ investment. As consumers we want our products to work from the get go and use all past experience on how we expect them to work similar to.

Small tweaks to the Sense ui are nice the phone is incredibly fast and I get much better constant call quality and receptition in just a 3G only area. I can't wait for 4G to hit here by end of the year. Roughly 1 month of free Hotspot was a nice bonus and it does work well for those who have a use for it.

Apps are pretty similar to those on other phones Rockband is very cool and I have not tried out the Golf one. As many others I could live without Blockbuster, Rhapsody apps but if some people have use for them at least don't make them auto run upon activating the phone

From my experience being I had to take the phone into Corp store on 18th an go through 3 other phones before I walked out the door. First (2) leaked light through bottom buttons and (1) had power button that didn't press down to activate properly. I had my phone on and setup which was SIMPLE process for even the most newest of users. So since I selected the new option to backup my google data when I got my phone on it remembered my wallpaper - apps and few other settings. Which was neat because I hate having everything perfect then have to start from scratch.

Just spend the time to go through ALL the option menus and make sure you set up YOUR phone exactly for YOUR use the one is meant to be customized per user. So some features and functions will go to waste on folks and possibly drain your battery when you can turn them off or at least down. Spend the time making sure you have your Accts set to sync for proper time frames to again get solid battery use. Keep your apps and software up to date because they are always trying to improve bugs and issues with them, nothing is perfect and it does require us the user to keep things updated.

It is a great phone with flaws that I sincerely believe over time will be addressed. I will continue to invest in HTC phones and nothing else until they prove to be of lesser quality or start to not care about their customers. I have contacted them 3-4 times in last two weeks and always got answers to my issues. So yes I would love some less bloatware and 1900 mAh battery but hey you don't always get everything you want, but we can complain and nothing will change, or we can make the best of something is good product overall and will continue to improve down the road.

shaddix

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
It's awesome. LTE could use some work though. Actually I think VZW is just doing maint in Denver. I was getting ten mbps Friday on LTE and tonight I get 2. 3g gives me 150kbps lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
I agree with everyone else here that this phone is awesome!!!! My whole family has one and loves them! I know the real issue is the battery life and I know it's been discussed more times than I can count but, if you do the calibration thing, turn off the unnecessary background crap, and bump charge it ( i.e. I plug it in when I'm in my truck or if I'm sitting at home not using it) you should be fine. This phone is fast as hell and I only have 3G here. The great thing about it is there are going to be some updates coming that will only make this phone better.

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
This phone has been worth it for me. I am well tuned up from a battery point of view (mainly willing to do the little bit of work to do it). Awesome screen. LTE is blazing fast, the phone is fast, 40 GB of space, and a good community to support me!

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
It's awesome. LTE could use some work though. Actually I think VZW is just doing maint in Denver. I was getting ten mbps Friday on LTE and tonight I get 2. 3g gives me 150kbps lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Oh thank God. I just bought the thing Sunday off Wads and Bowles and I'm like? Three megs? OK, that's faster than the God awful AT&T service I'm leaving, but really? Three megs. SO JEALOUS OF THE 20+ meg people.

But since you were getting 10 Friday, I'm feeling better.

Kmasum

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Everything is a big plus but BATTERY IS A HUGE NOOOOO!! 3 HRS on 4G network, I returned mine

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I've actually been pretty happy with my battery so far. 4G on, brightness down, syncs infrequent, and it's getting me through. Not perfect, but acceptable. I got it on a one year though. I wouldn't do two year.

ggpike

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Everything is a big plus but BATTERY IS A HUGE NOOOOO!! 3 HRS on 4G network, I returned mine

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Wow, that's pretty awful. However, I also had that result on the first day.

But, both the second and third day, after bump charging the unit for the two consecutive mornings, I ran mine using ONLY 4G and got around 14 hours of battery life the second day with around 32% left and 15 hours with 42% left the third day. Played Guerilla Bob for about 30 min, email throughout the day for my business, web browsing, txts, file transfers via bluetooth, file uploads to Picasa, Twitter, Facebook, Fruit Ninja for 30 min, and phone calls throughout the day.

I have weather set to update every few hours, no notifications on Facebook, Tweetdeck only updates when I open it, Flash set to On Demand for web browsing, no use of HTC Sense widgets like friendstream, updated and disabled sync on the blockbuster app, and all that fun stuff.

steevereeno

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to wait for the Bionic to come out and see how their larger stock battery stacks up on LTE. I'm guessing it will be far and away better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon