Airplane Mode lag?

zshazz

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I've been trying out airplane mode with my Thunderbolt, and I've noticed that when I switch to airplane mode, there is a period of time where it appears to stay connected (still has bars) but it does immediately drop 3G. When I switch from airplane mode, it seems to take forever to regain connection (sometimes up to a minute) and to regain 3g takes as long as 2 minutes after that.

Is anyone else's doing that? The OG Droid seemed to be very quick to switch to and from Airplane mode, so it's kind of bothering me ... especially since I switch to airplane mode for class to save on some battery life and avoid being disturbed. I'm so used to getting my messages/emails within seconds of switching...

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I just took a trip and had to use air plane mode a couple of times and had no issues. It may have taken around 30 second to connect but this was inside an airport which didn't have a very good signal. It take a few minutes for everything to sync back up and the GPS to figure out where it was but nothing I would upset about see I don't travel on plane much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781