Battery life as good if not better than my Droid X

pnd4pnd

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
This is my 3rd day with my Thunderbolt. I have not bump charged or anything other than shut off apps/widgets i dont need. I made sure blockbuster was not updating as well, shut off the facebook widget.

Today i unplugged at 845am. It's now 4pm, i have had several phone calls (one more than 40 mins), sent dozens of txt's, downloaded some apps, run speedtest several times, and read dozens of emails as well.

My battery is at 48% - I am real happy with that. Clearly i can get through a day. I think its such a new toy people are using it to death. No phone will last a day doing that nor should you expect it to. When you settle down to regular usage it should be fine, assuming you dont have a ton of background apps/widgets pulling data all the time.

Your mileage may vary, but one happy user here!

Eric

Halcyon

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
This has been my exprience as well. So far pretty happy with my battery life. Currently im sitting at 82% with 10h 17m 42s unplugged.

fire n ice

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I agree as well. My usage is about the same as it was with my fascinate and yesterday i went just shy of 24hrs between plugins and i was at 50% when i finally plugged it in this afternoon. Granted i was on wireless for about 60% of that time, but still, it was no different with my fascinate.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

jaguarpaw

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
i swear i started out getting about 4-5 hours of battery and i was loosing my mind.. i tweaked the hell out of it and today i plugged it back in after about 28 hours! how is that possible! so much happier about it now....

tweaked = turned of the widgets, killed the tactile vibrate or whatever its called, slowed some syncs basically everything on that huge check list that was posted... if anyone needs it pm me..

trust me. you too can have good battery life!

want a droid

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
This has been my exprience as well. So far pretty happy with my battery life. Currently im sitting at 82% with 10h 17m 42s unplugged.

You must barely use your phone. I'm at 83% after 4 hours with just 40 minutes of screen on time.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

ebrown126

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I can't figure this thing out. I charged all night and left with about 97%. Went to work in a lte area. Responded to a few text and within the hour I was down to 86%. By noon I was around 60 %. I charged at work. Left around 5 and I'm down to 40. Its getting frustrating.

Iceycold

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I can't figure this thing out. I charged all night and left with about 97%. Went to work in a lte area. Responded to a few text and within the hour I was down to 86%. By noon I was around 60 %. I charged at work. Left around 5 and I'm down to 40. Its getting frustrating.

You shouldn't overcharge. (beleive it has to do with smartphones in general or the lio ion batteries)

What happens is that if you overcharge the second it get's to 100%, that extra battery will bring your battery down the first hour you unplugged it.

If you are good battery before going to bed dont charge it. if you tweaked it to get good battery then it should only loose 2-6% overnight.

pnd4pnd

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
You shouldn't overcharge. (beleive it has to do with smartphones in general or the lio ion batteries)

What happens is that if you overcharge the second it get's to 100%, that extra battery will bring your battery down the first hour you unplugged it.

If you are good battery before going to bed dont charge it. if you tweaked it to get good battery then it should only loose 2-6% overnight.

dont agree with this at all - mine is on the charger every night whether its got 10% or 100% - you cannot overcharge LiOn batteries.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn