OZ Mail ????

blizz419

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
ok as soon as i activated my thunderbolt today i started receiving these weird text messages from OZ Mail it sais BREW: (long string of numbers & letters) then says "To stop these messages simply reply to this one (charge may apply)

i was already with Verizon so my network didn't change neither did my phone number and i didn't get any of these on my other phone it started within 5 minutes of activating my Thunderbolt and i've received 3 so far in past 3.5 hours and the only way to stop them appears to cause a charge? wtf is this and why did it start as soon as i activated my thunderbolt i haven't given anyone or any website my number in months and thats just people i know i never input my number into websites

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Not sure where and why you be getting these from but I believe you can have that number blocked from your phone if you get a hold of Verizon.

anon(2632)

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
ok as soon as i activated my thunderbolt today i started receiving these weird text messages from OZ Mail it sais BREW: (long string of numbers & letters) then says "To stop these messages simply reply to this one (charge may apply)

i was already with Verizon so my network didn't change neither did my phone number and i didn't get any of these on my other phone it started within 5 minutes of activating my Thunderbolt and i've received 3 so far in past 3.5 hours and the only way to stop them appears to cause a charge? wtf is this and why did it start as soon as i activated my thunderbolt i haven't given anyone or any website my number in months and thats just people i know i never input my number into websites

Did you upgrade from a feature phone? When i upgraded a few years back, i started getting "Brew" messages. They come from an app from your previous phone that you didn't disable. Mine were from a weather alert app on my previous phone. Could be anything really that you subscribed to from your previous phone.

TheBandit181

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I'm guessing prior to your Thunderbolt you had a feature phone with mobile email. You can reactivate your old phone, unsubscribe from mobile email, then reactivate your Thunderbolt, or you can call VZW tech support and they can disable the alerts for you.

blizz419

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
yes it was a feature phone was a crappy EnV Touch and i did use mobile email, but why would it tell me i could be charged for replying to message to cancel it for a feature that i didn't pay for to begin with thats pretty lame

Jtron

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You are getting the OZ mail messages because you used to check e-mail on a feature phone and transitioned to a smartphone. The OZ mail system is used to notify you of a new e-mail message on a feature phone. You can call customer service and they can assist you with getting the messages to stop.

Reactions: blizz419

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance