Thunderbolt video playback problems

DROIDFREAK

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
So I noticed that when I playback video that I took on my TB, the audio is extremely quiet and very difficult to hear even when the media volume is maxed out.
Thinking that this was maybe a problem with the video player, I attempted to play the video on a PC. Even with the volume up all of the way on the PC and the media player, the volume was still quiet.

This leads me to believe that either the mic or the video recorder its self is faulty.

- Has anyone else noticed this?
- Am I missing a setting or something?

This just may be a deal breaker if this is a widespread issue that can't/won't be fixed.

Thanks

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I saw another post but do not remember where. They were saying to select SRS but I do not know where it is located. Maybe some else could let us know.

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Shut, I cannot find the post I am talking about. Anyone? Maybe I was dreaming :(

Update: Ok, I found the SRS option. It is available when you play the video in your Thunderbolt, on the left of the screen. Improve the sound a little bit. I will need to put the video in my computer to see if there is any difference.

Update two: Uploaded a couple of videos to my computer and the sound is great. The gripe is only when recorded and then played on the Thunderbolt but it sounds a lot better when SRS is selected. No complain here.

Last edited:

DROIDFREAK

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Shut, I cannot find the post I am talking about. Anyone? Maybe I was dreaming :(

Update: Ok, I found the SRS option. It is available when you play the video in your Thunderbolt, on the left of the screen. Improve the sound a little bit. I will need to put the video in my computer to see if there is any difference.

Update two: Uploaded a couple of videos to my computer and the sound is great. The gripe is only when recorded and then played on the Thunderbolt but it sounds a lot better when SRS is selected. No complain here.

I didn't transfer the video file to the computer and then play it, I just played it on the computer while my TB was connected to it. Like I said, the audio was still crap. Do you think that this makes a difference, or should I transfer the file?

Jodiuh

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Srs option makes voices sharp and painful to listen too. Sounds not ad loud as u thought it'd be, but its much improved over fascinate.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

NCX

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
SRS is controllable through the video player, you can even use it for non-recorded videos. as long as the video is playing through the HTC Gallery player.

I can't say that i have had the same audio issues when recording video though, I used the car dock to try out the recording quality and it worked fine along with the audio.

Note: Video picture in these screenshots is black due to the DRM protection used on the Snapdragon (probably why our Tbolts are able to use Netflix when its officially announced for Android, and Hulu Plus)

Trollnman2

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I too had an issue with the volume of the videos I had recorded on my Thunderbolt. I searched online to see if there were others having the same issues, and there were lots of us. But, the other day I noticed that my click sound while typing a message had also suddenly gone away. I tried everything I could think of to get it back and could not. So, I went online again and found others having the same problem. Someone in the forum I had visited said something about turning up the "System Sound Volume" and suggested downloading a free app called "Audio Manager". I did that and found that my System Sound Volume was set very low and everything else (ringtone, alarm, media, notification, etc.) were all set to the highest possible level. I set the System Sound Volume to it's higest and the problem was solved. The click sound while typing returned and I thought, let me check to see if the video volume was any better when I played back a video that I had recorded and "Wa-La" playback problem solved as well. Give it a try, it worked for me. I uninstalled the app shortly afterwards and still have the click sound while typing and can now actually watch and hear a video I recorded from my phone, where as before I could only watch or listen, not both at the same time. It's really hard to watch a video with the phone speaker pressed against your ear. LOL

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae