Much better battery life today

rdmartin1

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I purchased my TB on the 17th and like most other early adopters I was greeted with horrid battery life. Similar to gas mileage on a lifted 4x4 truck. Today however is a different story. I unplugged it around 8:40 AM it is now 8:20 Pm and I have 29% remaining and I haven't plugged it in once today!! Past days I would be around 20% and that would be after it had been plugged in for at least half the day. I blocked blockbuster and switched away from my live wallpaper. Live Wallpaper was only using 5% but the display showed 49%. Now display shows 43%. So i'm not sure what the big difference is since I blocked blockbuster Saturday...but it is appreciated and I hope its a permanent fix. Hope others experienced this as well.

krazy

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it's gotten better. I unplugged from the charger at exactly 7am it's not 8:30pm and I have 39% battery left with light-to-moderate use. Not great but I think it'll work for me but we'll see how the rest of the week goes.

augusto

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Will try again when my wife brings back her phone. I started the app, think it's "updated" but I only saw an option for downloading media/or media list or something and made sure that was off.

Komodod

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Same experience here, from having since Friday. Read all the tip postings and used most of the advice. Still a shame that you have to jump through all these hoops just to get things running "normally"....but glad that things are moving forward.

FutureTBoltOwner

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
is it really that hard to believe ... i mean im sure like me everyone else here was stressing the hell outta the thing trying to download apps send texts take pics and do what ever else until that initial novelty wore off, now that the initial novelty has probably worn off for most of us its down to our day to day daily use and the battery life evens out not being stressed 100% of the time

rdmartin1

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
is it really that hard to believe ... i mean im sure like me everyone else here was stressing the hell outta the thing trying to download apps send texts take pics and do what ever else until that initial novelty wore off, now that the initial novelty has probably worn off for most of us its down to our day to day daily use and the battery life evens out not being stressed 100% of the time

Nope just regular use... I downloaded all my apps in pretty much one swing at home plugged up... Some of the excitement has worn off but I can say sense is wayyyy better than blur but thats for another thread:p

adaorange

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
About blockbuster....I hwvent opened the app once and also my battery has been great
. Can I assume I am not being affected by this blockbuster app? How do I tell? I don't see anything unusual in my battery usage percentages. I'd rather not even touch his app and take any chances if I am not being affected by it in the first place.

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I agree much better today I unpluged it around 0615 this morning and used it havy over my lunch hour web surfing tesxting and watching a you tube video that was when I say my big drop from 75% to 50% and I was texting all day I then went to mall to met a buddy and we down loaded an ap to access files. plus he played with it for about 20 min. and its now 2129 hrs. (9:29 PM) and Im still at the 50% level it could be at the bottom of the 50% mark but I wont know until it drops to 25%

dslayton

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I experienced this today as well, even made a thread about it a few hours ago. I am glad that I am not the only one experiencing the increase in battery performance after the initial burn in. Cheers.

rdmartin1

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
download the battery gauge widget. It tells you in 1% increments... It was fun to watch it drop to 96% as soon as I unplugged....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay