No 1yr contract on annual upgrade???

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I got my Bolt on Thursday morning. I asked to pay more for the phone and go with the 1 year contract so I could upgrade my phone in a year. They told me that you can NOT do a 1 year contract if you are using your annual upgrade. They said I had to sign a 2yr contract because I was on a 2 year contract to begin with. Said the only way I could get the Thunderbolt on a 1 year contract is if I waited until my full 2 years were up and did not use my annual upgrade. Is this right or was I just tricked into signing a 2yr deal?

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I think this is true is some manner. They did away with this program but there there was some sort of condition that you had to be a member since XX/XX/XXXX or XX/XX/XXXX was the last date to do it. I don't remember fully. I bet a google search would turn it up. Or call *611 a call, they're open for another hour or two and can answer your question.

Last edited:

froader

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I was able to purchase my TB on release day at a store with my annual upgrade on a 1yr contract. Surprisingly it wasn't even a problem. They guy wanted to charge me an early upgrade fee of $20 or so. I talked him out of that because I had so much problems with my Touch Pro2 that I had to buy a used Incredible on Ebay.
I also had heard that you couldn't do this, but I was going to tell him that the 2yr requirement wold be null and void, because they have changed their 2yr contract to eliminate the early upgrade.
Did I luck out?

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
i was able to get a 1 yr contract. i opted the primary line for 2 yrs and the second line for 1 yr. and the 1 yr line is mine....ooh yeeeaaah. i ordered my phone online through verizon.

R1Lover

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I was able to buy 2 on release day, both have a one year contract, they are also on a shared family plan.

I paid 274 each after discount for a 1 year on each.

Edit, just checked and both phones are available for upgrade on 1/17/12, so all is well. :)

cfairchi

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem as well. They would not let me get a one year using a early upgrade. I watched the Guy try to do it on his screen and it wouldn't let him. I had a regular upgrade in a few days so I just waited. Don't know if there is an override he could have used or not

martin erwin

May 18, 2010
Visit site
There is no override on an annual upgrade to do a 1 year contract, and to allow this would be monumentally stupid on Verizon's part.

Say you choose to upgrade your phone on day 366 of a 2 year, and you want a 1 year contract. You would be getting a phone at a $300+ discount for extending your contract by 1 day.

As I said, it would be monumentally stupid to allow this.

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
There is no override on an annual upgrade to do a 1 year contract, and to allow this would be monumentally stupid on Verizon's part.

Say you choose to upgrade your phone on day 366 of a 2 year, and you want a 1 year contract. You would be getting a phone at a $300+ discount for extending your contract by 1 day.

As I said, it would be monumentally stupid to allow this.

This. It was precisely the reason I was not allowed to use my early upgrade coming off of a 2 year contract to go into a 1 year contract. They said I needed to at least wait until the date of my New Every 2.

So I will wait.

Jackasses!