Question about TBolt's branding

MBeattie

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Just curious why the TBold isn't part of the DROID family. Also wondering how it managed to get the "with Google" label since that's supposedly reserved for pure Android handsets. Theres been so many different stories surrounding the "with Google" seal that I can't keep track any more. Last I heard it had something to do with how Google apps were integrated.

mthorn79

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
It does have the Android OS and as long as any phone does it will always be in the Droid family

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

simp_10

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I believe "With Google" is on most Android phones unless they have Bing and the other crap options put on some phones....Samsung Fascinate. The nexus just says Google, not with Google.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Nexus S: Google Phone
DX/Dinc/D2/DG/TB: Google Experience Phones
Fascinate, etc: Devices running Android.

First case is a pure Google device.
Second is a device using Google apps for searching, nav, etc.
The last case will use Bing or something else like Yahoo, etc.

upz3

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Droid is a costly branding term too for Verizon. I don't know why many people care if it is Droid branded or not. Odds are it will be at some point. The Inc wasn't DInc until a month or two after it sold. Looks like for now with the 4G phones only the Stealth/Charge and Bionic will be Droid branded at the start.

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
All Droids are Android / Not all Androids and Droids
You can be Android without being a Droid.
Usually VZW Android = Bing
Droid = no bing

MBeattie

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
It does have the Android OS and as long as any phone does it will always be in the Droid family

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Not sure if that's sarcasm but I'm not referring to Droid as in short for Android, I'm talking about Verizon's DROID branding. ie DROID Incredible, DROID X, DROID PRO, DROID Eris, etc. There is a deciding factor to the "with Google" label as well that seems to constantly be changing. As one responder mentioned, there may be a financial aspect behind the DROID branding as LucusArts owns the "DROID" moniker from Star Wars.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois