Gonna Do A TEST

kcthwun

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok its 10:30am here in wack jersey gonna do a test on my thunderbolt my battery power is currently at 81% ima go the rest of the day till about 7pm doing all the regular stuff i do on the phone on a daily basics but the only diffrence is dat i will not use any type of task killer to kill anything at all till after 7pm to c how long the battery last i went to a verizon store just a few minutes ago and they have confermid to me that the task killer dose drain ur battery fast so lets see how long the phone gos with out me using it i will report back by 7pm on the results i also did everything i could think of to save power brightness at 25% stop syncs on alot of apps except facebook and mail and weather but i cant seem to shut of the back up assit dose anyone know how to do this?

Reactions: Chrisy

russell5

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
the fact that verizon told you about task killers is interesting because they have been known to install them on phones before leaving the store.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
Ok its 10:30am here in wack jersey gonna do a test on my thunderbolt my battery power is currently at 81% ima go the rest of the day till about 7pm doing all the regular stuff i do on the phone on a daily basics but the only diffrence is dat i will not use any type of task killer to kill anything at all till after 7pm to c how long the battery last i went to a verizon store just a few minutes ago and they have confermid to me that the task killer dose drain ur battery fast so lets see how long the phone gos with out me using it i will report back by 7pm on the results i also did everything i could think of to save power brightness at 25% stop syncs on alot of apps except facebook and mail and weather but i cant seem to shut of the back up assit dose anyone know how to do this?

from your home screen hit MENU>SETTINGS>ACCOUNTS&SYNC>AUTO-SYNC... Now that will turn off the sync of what you see in the menu and Back Up Assist is the first one listed on mine.

kcthwun

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
the fact that verizon told you about task killers is interesting because they have been known to install them on phones before leaving the store.

all of my phones even the droid x and incredible were shipped to me i never get phones in the stores

kcthwun

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
from your home screen hit MENU>SETTINGS>ACCOUNTS&SYNC>AUTO-SYNC... Now that will turn off the sync of what you see in the menu and Back Up Assist is the first one listed on mine.

yeh i knew that but i cant just stop the back up assist alone like i can stop anything else by it self like stocks news and facebook but it wont let me stop back up assist it just tells me the times dat it syncs

kcthwun

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
o and one more thing how come when i recieve a text message or any other notification it wont vibrate and yet i have it set to vibrate

racinwarrior

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
yeh i knew that but i cant just stop the back up assist alone like i can stop anything else by it self like stocks news and facebook but it wont let me stop back up assist it just tells me the times dat it syncs

once you activate back up assistant you cannot stop it ffrom syncing

the ONLY way is to factory rest your phone and "skip" back up assistant in the initial set up.

if a VZW employee set up your phone they activated back up assistant. I specifically asked for the rep helping me TO SKIP it.

Reactions: Chrisy

kcthwun

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

the ONLY way is to factory rest your phone and "skip" back up assistant in the initial set up.

if a VZW employee set up your phone they activated back up assistant. I specifically asked for the rep helping me TO SKIP it.

o ok thanks for the info so i guess i wont worry about it anymore

kcthwun

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
its 11:18 power is down to 75% so far all i did was make one phone call and d person didnt pick up and sent and recieve a total of about 7 texts and got 1 email i also went to d calender to c what day of the week april 29 fell on

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure the Back Up Assistant bug will be corrected soon. I told the Verizon rep to not add any apps or make any changes, because I wanted to do that.

Backup Assistant seems redundant because of Google contact synchronization.

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to get gmail to stop pushing messages and check every hour or so instead? I'm sure that's eating battery.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com

What if you went to the Apps window that shows all of your apps, then do MENU>REMOVE APP>ALL (tab at top)> BACKUP ASSISTANT> FORCE STOP?

or is that just temporary?

kcthwun

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
12:07 power is down to 70 percent ill be back by 7pm gotta go play baseball for awhile with the gang ill let u know the rest of d stats later on and what i did during those 7 hours on d phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma