does anyone else hate how the led indicator is behind the earpiece grill?

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Yup, it's garbage. Almost as ridiculous as the kickstand opening the wrong direction with regards to the charging port. Lots of dumb design decisions on this thing. Still and awesome phone tho. :)

EvolutionGSR

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Yah thats the thing, everything thats good about this phone is absolutely awesome, but when its something wrong...its totally a WTF were they thinking when they did this.

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree I wish the LED were more prominent, larger and had multiple colors for different notifications. I cannot understand why none of the manufacturers seem to be able to deliver this simple request.

MzSauniB

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
It's very hard to see I could see the notification light on my DX from across the room. Now I have to get all the way up on the phone to see it.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Like the Thunderbolt the Evo's led is under the speaker grill too.
I just keep my phone in landscape position with the kick stand deployed.

I can see if I have a message from across he room no problem.

jfoofoo#AC

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Yup, it's garbage. Almost as ridiculous as the kickstand opening the wrong direction with regards to the charging port. Lots of dumb design decisions on this thing. Still and awesome phone tho. :)

the LED behind the grill doesn't bother me but the kickstand annoys the crap out of me... I can't belive no one said anything doing product testing phase...

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
The other thing that is annoying is that once the light is amber for charging and a notification comes in, you won't see the notification light at all. The DX showed it, it would flash the notification light once a message was received.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't mind it at all. It is much smaller than many notification lights. I imagine the reason they didn't put a BIG HUGE LED LIGHT on the phone might have had to do with power consumption :)

-Frank