17 hours wow!!!

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I just woke up an hour ago, had a full charge, and am already at 80%. I dont use ANY widgets expect the power one and the clock. Screen is about 65% and im using the wifi here at work. I have barely touched my phone all morning other than looking at twitter on the can. Any suggestions?
Yes, dimming brightness also helped me, mine is at 25%. Hope this helps :)

u7mg0

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
wow, alright you don't know my story I am impressed because I thought my battery was defected, I could only get two hours in of talk time before it would die, it would be off the charger and still die while in sleep mode. I didn't post this to be ridiculed I put it up here for the people that are having difficulty with there batteries while it is off the charger, Therefore if this does not apply to you, don't read it.

i have the same problem....i am so upset with the battery life. cannot hardly do anything and the battery drains like crazy. even bumped it. not all of us are so luckly

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
i have the same problem....i am so upset with the battery life. cannot hardly do anything and the battery drains like crazy. even bumped it. not all of us are so luckly
Hi U7mg0, I am sorry this is happening to you, I know how frustrating this can be, did you look to see what you may have running in the background? also changing sync time helped me, I now sync every four hours instead of 1. Did you read the Juice Defender/ Blockbuster thread? that thread helped me a lot, I followed the steps and also received a lot of help from the people here. If you go to that thread look for the name forgetful and read the steps and follow them. That's what I did :). Good luck.

u7mg0

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi U7mg0, I am sorry this is happening to you, I know how frustrating this can be, did you look to see what you may have running in the background? also changing sync time helped me, I now sync every four hours instead of 1. Did you read the Juice Defender/ Blockbuster thread? that thread helped me a lot, I followed the steps and also received a lot of help from the people here. If you go to that thread look for the name forgetful and read the steps and follow them. That's what I did :). Good luck.

thank you for the hopeful words. i did disable autosyncing, blockbust, dim screen. i will read the thread and see if i can do anything else. maybe i should just use this "incredible" phone just to make a phone call...LOL

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
thank you for the hopeful words. i did disable autosyncing, blockbust, dim screen. i will read the thread and see if i can do anything else. maybe i should just use this "incredible" phone just to make a phone call...LOL
Lol, I was looking at my son incredible and was like wow no problems lol. But I love the TB just takes a bit of tweaking and realizing this is a super fast phone, things won't be like it was with previous phone.

Zeutron

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Lovy- Thanks for posting up your experiences and the steps you've taken to try and get better battery life. I just got my TB yesterday, but I've been following these forums for weeks and have seen over the last week all the battery woes. Using the "juicedefender"thread I've been tweaking my settings and then this AM bump charged. It took over 20 min for the LED to go green the first time I plugged up after power down..wow... I'm headed off to work soon so I'll see how it does.

As others have said, this phone is a beast, sadly the stock battery is not quite as beastly....So..deal with it, get a bigger battery, or take the phone back. What else can you do? moaning a complaining on here accomplishes nothing.

Jacob

evilmunkeh

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I had my phone since March 17th and wow did I have battery problems, it is like they no longer exist, I have attached a pic of stats 17 hours and still going strong, this is without extended battery,I run my mouth a lot lmao. So before you return your phone, unless its a defect give the battery time to adjust to the way you use your phone. Check out my OMG I WOKE UP thread you will see that I had a billion battery probs lol.

Aww Lovy you're all grown up! hahaha. Nice stats. I get similar even with doing a lot of Twitter, Facebook, and Words with Friends.

desoulja2185

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I honestly thought that I was the only person NOT having battery problems. I didn't do anything special nor do I know much about the bump charging thing but I've NEVER had my battery die and I have the original stock battery. I talk, text, and browse pretty regular. It could be that I'm not in a 4G area at the moment, but when next month I will be so maybe then I'll begin to experience the battery issues. It could also be because I had an EVO before so I kinda knew what to expect. I still have my EVO and it STILL dies faster than my Thunderbolt... I don't know why at all.. The only adjustments I've made was I turned the screen brightness ALL the way down. I only charge the phone when I go to bed and that's it.... The only thing that syncs from time to time is FB.. nothing more nothing less.

jgang06

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I am now at 60% and I havent touched my phone since my last post....wtf is going on?

Its down to about 60% since a full charge about an hour and 45 minutes ago.

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Lovy- Thanks for posting up your experiences and the steps you've taken to try and get better battery life. I just got my TB yesterday, but I've been following these forums for weeks and have seen over the last week all the battery woes. Using the "juicedefender"thread I've been tweaking my settings and then this AM bump charged. It took over 20 min for the LED to go green the first time I plugged up after power down..wow... I'm headed off to work soon so I'll see how it does.

As others have said, this phone is a beast, sadly the stock battery is not quite as beastly....So..deal with it, get a bigger battery, or take the phone back. What else can you do? moaning a complaining on here accomplishes nothing.

Jacob
Your Welcome Jacob, and there is a lot of good information on these threads, the juice defender/ Blockbuster thread helped me tremendously as well as the patient people here with my million questions lol. Keep me updated I would like to know if it helped you as well and Good Luck :)

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Aww Lovy you're all grown up! hahaha. Nice stats. I get similar even with doing a lot of Twitter, Facebook, and Words with Friends.
Hi Evil, Lol, yeah I am a big girl now with a bunch of other problems lmao. I am too afraid to open FB for more than 30 minutes lmao, I treat my phone like a baby we take baby steps rof.

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I am now at 60% and I havent touched my phone since my last post....wtf is going on?

Its down to about 60% since a full charge about an hour and 45 minutes ago.
Hi Jgang, read the Juice Defender/Blockbuster thread, look for posts by Forgetful, the steps that person listed and so many others is what I followed and it helped me tremendously. I hope this helps. I was going insane watching my battery drain without even touching it.

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I honestly thought that I was the only person NOT having battery problems. I didn't do anything special nor do I know much about the bump charging thing but I've NEVER had my battery die and I have the original stock battery. I talk, text, and browse pretty regular. It could be that I'm not in a 4G area at the moment, but when next month I will be so maybe then I'll begin to experience the battery issues. It could also be because I had an EVO before so I kinda knew what to expect. I still have my EVO and it STILL dies faster than my Thunderbolt... I don't know why at all.. The only adjustments I've made was I turned the screen brightness ALL the way down. I only charge the phone when I go to bed and that's it.... The only thing that syncs from time to time is FB.. nothing more nothing less.
Wow that's great no battery probs. My son has the Evo and I was complaining about light leakage, he said mom leave it, if you return it, it may get worse lol. I think I am paranoid because since that battery prob I look for any and everything because I said to him do it look like my phone screen is lifting lmao. He runs when he see me with my phone lol. But back to the subject at hand I think for us that are noobs it just takes a lot of adjusting and tweaking the phone to the way that eliminates unnecessary battery drain.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
What app are you guys using to determine how the battery on the phone gets used (e.g. display, apps etc.)?
Hi, I am using something called Battery status bar by modded logic. hope this helps :) its a free app in the market place
Hey, Germanguy. You can also just go into Menu, Settings, About phone, Battery, Battery use.

Woher sind Sie? Ich habe in K?ln und W?rzburg gewohnt.

jgang06

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi Jgang, read the Juice Defender/Blockbuster thread, look for posts by Forgetful, the steps that person listed and so many others is what I followed and it helped me tremendously. I hope this helps. I was going insane watching my battery drain without even touching it.

Thanks. I am letting my battery drain all the way down as we speak. I hope this works. If not, im taking the phone back. Half of the battery gone in about 2 and a half hours is rediculous, screen brightness or not.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois