Apps That Cause Unusual Battery Drain: Post Them Here

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I posted this in the tips thread but was afraid not may would see it(you know how stickies are:))

I just found an app killing my battery: Flickie HD Wallpapers. I actually downloaded this app several days ago but had not opened it and accepted the terms. Well yesterday I got GREAT battery life, but today it was draining right before my eyes. I looked and looked but couldn't find the issue until I finally checked Spare Parts under sensor usage, and there it was... Flickie running some kind of sensor ALL DAY LONG. I knew right away that was it because before I went to bed last night I opened it, accepted the terms and looked at some wallpapers. I've deleted the app and already I'm back to normal battery drain. I think the sensor has to do with the way it uses the gallery and the pics tilt back and forth as you tilt the phone.

maybe this thread could be a good place to post and warn each other about apps that like to kill battery life in a rogue manner.

krazy

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Phone
Gmail
Navigation
Internet
Market
People
Music
Clock
Weather
Camera
Camcorder
Calendar
Calculator
Slacker Radio
News
and Blockbuster.

Oh yeah, and standby as well if you count that as an "app".

oma1340

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Friend Stream

Can anyone tell how I delete Friend Stream??? Step by Step... and if I do delete it can I still use Facebook? Thanks!

FutureTBoltOwner

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Friend stream is a huge user of battery, I was doing okay for the first couple of days but noticed my battery was terrible today, so I decided to finally ax the friend stream and instead opt to use the facebook app when need be ... great decision I charged it up and now have been off charger for about 3 hours and have only lost about 15% on my battery

The way I believe I killed friend stream for those that are interested is as follows:

1. open settings
2. go to applications
3. go to manage apps
4. click running at the top (2nd out of the 4 at top)
5. find friend stream and click
6. force stop (i just looked at my stream says last update was at 12:42 this afternoon over 9 hours ago so i think its safe to assume it has been stopped)
7. and that should be your solution to negate friend stream and improve your battery, hope you have success with it like i did

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you have tips and tricks for battery life they need to be posted in the sticky.

If you have questions about removing stock apps those need to go in the appropriate thread. If you can't find a thread about it already then create one in the hacks section.

Friendstream uses battery because it polls for Facebook updates. You can set it to not do that in the settings.

Reactions: samuraifortruth

oma1340

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Was wondering if there is a way to remove the Friend Stream completely from the screen it is on? Otherwise that screen remains there and you are not able to put any other apps on that screen. Thank so much!

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Was wondering if there is a way to remove the Friend Stream completely from the screen it is on? Otherwise that screen remains there and you are not able to put any other apps on that screen. Thank so much!

Press and hold it, then drag it to the remove area in the bottom right.

canesfan44

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I set Friendstream to only update every 12 hours, it doesn't seem to effect my battery very much at all, then again, I could really care less about facebook, and others, my ex-girlfriend is the one who signed me up for it. If I want to know what my friends are up to, I just call them.

upz3

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
It's amazing what stupid things run. About 10 of my apps were running when I never turned them on since reboot. Really horrible when you think about it. Like I really need PayPal turned on all the time.

I don't even have FriendStream being used or connected to any account and it still runs.

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I accidentally opened the bloat-ware app tunewiki tonight. Didn't touch my TB for three hours come back and it's almost dead. I check spare parts and my TB has been awake the entire time. Under partial wake usage I find tune-wiki has kept the TB awake ever since I opened it. I finally had to reboot to get that damn app closed. I don't suggest using that app. When I root it's the first thing getting deleted.

KenDroid

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Words with Friends! Playing it period drains the battery. It also defaults background notifications to 5min! Change it to "Never" in the account settings and that helps alot when you're not playing.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone tell how I delete Friend Stream??? Step by Step... and if I do delete it can I still use Facebook? Thanks!

You can't. It is a required app even when rooted. Just don't use it and it shouldn't load. At least on the dinc that's how it is.

sent from the phone Phil hates via tapatalk

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Friends Stream is not much of a drain if you reduce the frequency of updates, which I have set to once a day. I would have set it to manual but that is not an option.

Any live wallpaper is a major battery drain, so I stay away from those. And also any auto task killers. Don't install those if you want to conserve battery.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech