Predict the future phone.

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey INK again, I was wondering looking at the evo 3d what do you guys think smartphones will look like in 2-3 years?

I'm saying full hd screen, quad core, 2000 mAh battery, 1 ghz quad{snap dragon,tegra 2}processors, 1.5 gb of ram and 16 gb of internal memory, oh and don't forget the super smexi kickstand, and packing a 32 gb microsd card, and the ability to have a 64gb microsd card.

Please serious predictions only.

Last edited:

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Nah just playin. Quad core for sure. Full HD by 2-3 years? Could be a stretch, but I'll toss it up there as a possibility. 2GB DDR2 RAM (or something faster), much larger internal memory (SSD perhaps) with optional expandable memory slot. I've never used a kickstand so I'm not sure on that one. 15+MP camera, front facing cameras to 8+MP, 1080p video recording... no no... 2K video recording ;) (come on now gotta utilize them 155" Mitsubishi TVs). I'm also anticipating phone sizes to downgrade once again. 4.3" is nice right now, but I am still thinking we'll see things get a little smaller. Batteries will shrink while maintaining higher charges/useage time than what is current.

Also, the phone will make me a sandwich. And print money.

Reactions: INK

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Nah just playin. Quad core for sure. Full HD by 2-3 years? Could be a stretch, but I'll toss it up there as a possibility. 2GB DDR2 RAM (or something faster), much larger internal memory (SSD perhaps) with optional expandable memory slot. I've never used a kickstand so I'm not sure on that one. 15+MP camera, front facing cameras to 8+MP, 1080p video recording... no no... 2K video recording ;) (come on now gotta utilize them 155" Mitsubishi TVs). I'm also anticipating phone sizes to downgrade once again. 4.3" is nice right now, but I am still thinking we'll see things get a little smaller. Batteries will shrink while maintaining higher charges/useage time than what is current.

Also, the phone will make me a sandwich. And print money.

Phones do print money already ask HTC and Motorola. 1080p is great but doesn't 8 mp get it done pretty well on the Bolt? Oh and don't forget 64gb microsd cards. :]

GoldLeader

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Floating Holographic 3D displays would be sweet! That way the device could be small, but have a huge display.

Maybe a cool HUD for your glasses, instead of a display on the phone, so you can videoconference while driving.

I'm guessing some semiconductor or nanotechnology will allow for super small super fast processors that consume less power.

With faster data transmition speeds, seems more stuff will be stored in the cloud. Maybe large physical storage and SD cards won't be needed on the device. Everything will be streamed. Software and games won't need to be downloaded to the device, it will run on the server, and the audio and video will be streamed to the device.

Maybe some form of eye tracking software will replace some of the touch screen functionality.

Most is far fetched , but it could happen. Eventually.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
These discussion always remind me of watching Star Trek as a 6-year-old. When my MIL gave me a Palm IIIc for Christmas one year, I realized that we were already living in the future--we CAN move out of our parents' basements. But where are all the flying cars?

Full HD on a small screen is just not necessary IMHO. The iPhone already has a pixel density that exceeds the capability of the human eye. On a somewhat larger screen, WXGA is plenty sufficient.

Personally, I think 3D is also silly on a small screen, but I've been wrong so many times on these kinds of questions that I'll just assume I'll be loving a 3D phone in a year or two. I remember trying to buy the last available 250 MB monochrome Compaq Concerto super cheap because I had no use for a color screen while writing my dissertation. Loved their detachable (but wired) keyboards. But I digress.

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
These discussion always remind me of watching Star Trek as a 6-year-old. When my MIL gave me a Palm IIIc for Christmas one year, I realized that we were already living in the future--we CAN move out of our parents' basements. But where are all the flying cars?

Full HD on a small screen is just not necessary IMHO. The iPhone already has a pixel density that exceeds the capability of the human eye. On a somewhat larger screen, WXGA is plenty sufficient.

Personally, I think 3D is also silly on a small screen, but I've been wrong so many times on these kinds of questions that I'll just assume I'll be loving a 3D phone in a year or two. I remember trying to buy the last available 250 MB monochrome Compaq Concerto super cheap because I had no use for a color screen while writing my dissertation. Loved their detachable (but wired) keyboards. But I digress.

True but you know if it sounds good people will want it ;p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21