Two VERY insteresting observations after swapping battery at VZW store...

levels3

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Guys,

I have some real interesting stuff to share. So I went to the VZW store after work yesterday and complained about just how bad the battery was to see what my options were. So after the girl tried to explain to me about running apps and such which I told her to trust me I understand how the phone works, I explained that I really couldn't go more then 4 hours without my battery dying under the 4G network with moderate usage.

She then says she will swap my battery out. Keep in mind, I have done resets with my phone before to try to get things up to pace, but never actually PULLED the battery. When she pulled the battery out and put the new one in the phone came to some kind of crazy reboot screen that she had to hit a button to confirm to get past and even asked her manager what it was cause she was afraid it was going to delete my data on the phone. It didn't delete anything and I left the store with a new battery.

I can tell you so far that I have EASILY gotten better battery life so far. I charged the phone to full battery(100%) and took it off and used it from about 5:30 to 11 with pretty hard usage and it only dropped to about 30-40%. Again, this is not great by any means, but I spent about 1 hour on the phone during this time, was texting all night, and used the browser in 4G at least 5 or 6 times.

Now I'm starting to wonder... it's either 1 of 2 things. Did the actually battery pull do something to the phone to reset some settings on the network? Or did I really maybe have a faulty battery?

I will check back in today and let you guys know how long it lasts. Don't get what I am saying wrong though, I am still not too happy with battery life, but before yesterday I literally couldn't go more then 4-5 hours in 4G coverage with LIGHT usage.

Just thought I would inform you guys about this, I really didn't think I would see any change but I would say for sure there has been at least SOME kind of improvement, and this is on the first cycle of this new battery.

Now to decide what to do with these damn light leaks... I may try a swap and keep this battery, but I will be real upset if I get a unit that is worse...damn OCD always messing with me!

Reactions: lovy

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
She might have accidentally entered recovery mode. I'm not sure how it's done on the Thunderbolt, but on the Incredible it's done by holding the volume down and power button at the same time.

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Guys,

I have some real interesting stuff to share. So I went to the VZW store after work yesterday and complained about just how bad the battery was to see what my options were. So after the girl tried to explain to me about running apps and such which I told her to trust me I understand how the phone works, I explained that I really couldn't go more then 4 hours without my battery dying under the 4G network with moderate usage.

She then says she will swap my battery out. Keep in mind, I have done resets with my phone before to try to get things up to pace, but never actually PULLED the battery. When she pulled the battery out and put the new one in the phone came to some kind of crazy reboot screen that she had to hit a button to confirm to get past and even asked her manager what it was cause she was afraid it was going to delete my data on the phone. It didn't delete anything and I left the store with a new battery.

I can tell you so far that I have EASILY gotten better battery life so far. I charged the phone to full battery(100%) and took it off and used it from about 5:30 to 11 with pretty hard usage and it only dropped to about 30-40%. Again, this is not great by any means, but I spent about 1 hour on the phone during this time, was texting all night, and used the browser in 4G at least 5 or 6 times.

Now I'm starting to wonder... it's either 1 of 2 things. Did the actually battery pull do something to the phone to reset some settings on the network? Or did I really maybe have a faulty battery?

I will check back in today and let you guys know how long it lasts. Don't get what I am saying wrong though, I am still not too happy with battery life, but before yesterday I literally couldn't go more then 4-5 hours in 4G coverage with LIGHT usage.

Just thought I would inform you guys about this, I really didn't think I would see any change but I would say for sure there has been at least SOME kind of improvement, and this is on the first cycle of this new battery.

Now to decide what to do with these damn light leaks... I may try a swap and keep this battery, but I will be real upset if I get a unit that is worse...damn OCD always messing with me!
Great post thank you for sharing. As for leak lights I have them also but too afraid to swap. My only concern is the screen actually raising or dust getting underneath. *sighs* But my battery life is great now :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox