Why is "maps" running in background?

murphster03

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
OK, as I'm tracking my battery usage and such, I notice that I always find "maps" listed as using a small percentage of my battery. I have even turned off every location setting listed and it will still show up as using a percentage of battery. The percentage is small, but it aggravates me and makes me wonder what else is draining my battery when I'm not even using it. Any suggestions or hints? Anyone else having an issue where maps is showing up in the battery usage department?

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
It is running on mine which doesnt mean it is using battery. Did you hit home to exit maps or the back button? maybe home leaves it up and running

murphster03

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I always hit the back button. The GPS notification always turns off when I do that. But I even turned all location services off and didn't use my map at all, and it still ran for a little while in the background.

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I always hit the back button. The GPS notification always turns off when I do that. But I even turned all location services off and didn't use my map at all, and it still ran for a little while in the background.

If you havent rebooted, maybe it is just hanging around as a remnant of when you did use it... just guessing.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Open maps and just hit the back button until you get to your home screen. Or, from the home screen, hit the menu button and select settings->applications->manage applications->running(second tab from left at the top)->scroll down to maps and select force stop.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7