Am I the only one?

jgang06

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have two questions:
1. If I do a factory reset, how do I get all of my paid apps back without repaying for them?

2. Is it just my phone or does everybody's phone show that the browser is constantly running at about 18MB? I go to Settings > Applications > Runnings services and see it here...no matter what I do!

3. Does the Google Voice app cause much battery drain?

Please help! Even on Wi-Fi, after disabling all syncing, disabling Blockbuster, going through every single app, my battery lasts MAYBE 6 hours of moderate use.

1. Just go back into the market and it will let you install the paid ones for free.

Reactions: jtl

J-Dam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
No, there's no risk of messing up your phone by doing a factory reset. It really is that easy the whole process takes 5-10 minutes. I spent more time setting my UI back up than I did going back to factory.

Yes, if you wanted to switch between the 2 you can not select the check box that makes Launcher pro the default app for that action. However if you set the default to Launcher pro and want to go back to sense for something you just go to Settings > Applications > Launcher Pro and clear the defaults. Hit the home button and you'll get prompted for what app you'd like to complete that action. It's all wicked easy.

Thanks.

Downloaded Launcher Pro but can't find it anywhere.

bthomp21

Banned
Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
You cant really be mad about it, the majority of phone users want to open the box and turn the phone on with NO issues. They aren't the technical ones that want to tinker with settings and whatnot. They expect the phones to have iphone battery life while using it constantly. They dont understand task killers, installing third party apps, etc are bad.

The average user does not want to Root and delete bloatware, bump charge, etc. So I would just say they are not educated or patient enough with android phones.

wedge40

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
So I've had my TB for almost a week now. I work 9 1/2 hour days in an office. I point out the office part to emphasize the fact that I have access to an outlet. So far my battery has lasted from 0500 to 1900 (7:00PM) without needing to be recharged. I'm not a heavy user, but dont see much difference between this and the 3Gs I had before this. I will have a spare charger at work and one in the car if I need to boost the battery between evening charges. I dont consider this a hassle. This phone is waaaay more convenient then lugging around an 8lb laptop and does almost as much.

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
So I've had my TB for almost a week now. I work 9 1/2 hour days in an office. I point out the office part to emphasize the fact that I have access to an outlet. So far my battery has lasted from 0500 to 1900 (7:00PM) without needing to be recharged. I'm not a heavy user, but dont see much difference between this and the 3Gs I had before this. I will have a spare charger at work and one in the car if I need to boost the battery between evening charges. I dont consider this a hassle. This phone is waaaay more convenient then lugging around an 8lb laptop and does almost as much.

I'm in the same boat man, I'm a moderate user and I have no issues with the battery. I think people just like to complain, I mean honestly where in the world (other than camping) are you going to be that you can't plug your phone in for a few minutes? I have a charger at work, in my car and at home.

Subliminal

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I also work in an office. The battery scares me a little. If I were to go into 'the city' and was away for 5 or 6 hours, I'd be worried about making it home before the battery died.

Other than that, I could care less. I can charge it at home and at work at my leisure.

Be nice if it lasted longer, but it is basically a tiny lil supercomputer, I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy