Am I the only one?

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I know there's a thread about people that like their Thunderbolts but I'm seriously beginning to get annoyed with all the people complaining about their phones. I unplug my phone at 6am and don't plug it back in until 10-11pm when I go to bed. My usage during the day is texting, browsing the web, Google talking and streaming music. The only time I need to plug my phone in while at work is if I've been streaming music for a few hours which guess what? That's going to happen streaming is a killer, so is the Nav. Turn your brightness down(although I keep mine on automatic), turn off your wifi/bluetooth when your not using it and stop all your apps from constantly syncing. You don't need Facebook and Twitter sending you updates every 15 minutes.

Another quick fix, do a factory reset and remove backup assistant, Google already does all this for you, it's a unneeded process running on your phone. HTC Sense does drain a bit of the battery, so why not try another launcher? Could help your issues too. But honestly this is the best phone I've bought to date, I've had Blackberrys, the iPhone 4 and Androids. I have zero complaints about this device and I'm formally requesting the '*****ing' to stop because there really aren't any issues to cause this much of an uproar. :) Let the flaming/trolling begin!

Senor_Dizzle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm not exactly flaming but I think people have genuine issues with their phones. I myself like my thunderbolt but battery could be better. I was a little spoiled with my Bold's awesome battery life so its easy to find fault with an average discharge rate of about 20% an hour.

On a side note how in the heck do you manage to get a full day with a couple of bump charges through out the day?!?

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I'm not exactly flaming but I think people have genuine issues with their phones. I myself like my thunderbolt but battery could be better. I was a little spoiled with my Bold's awesome battery life so its easy to find fault with an average discharge rate of about 20% an hour.

On a side note how in the heck do you manage to get a full day with a couple of bump charges through out the day?!?

I don't bump charge lol I use the Zeam launcher, I don't have Facebook and Twitter syncing and I mean that's really all the apps I have that sync. Other than ScoreCenter, but I don't use the widget so it doesn't auto update.

juniorfan

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I can see people who want to use 4G having issues, but I switched to 3G and the battery life has been on par with my Incredible if not better.

Luckily for me I thought 4G would be cool but really wanted the phone for what it is (a faster,bigger Incredible) so I am very happy.

leehblanc

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I know there's a thread about people that like their Thunderbolts but I'm seriously beginning to get annoyed with all the people complaining about their phones. I unplug my phone at 6am and don't plug it back in until 10-11pm when I go to bed. My usage during the day is texting, browsing the web, Google talking and streaming music. The only time I need to plug my phone in while at work is if I've been streaming music for a few hours which guess what? That's going to happen streaming is a killer, so is the Nav. Turn your brightness down(although I keep mine on automatic), turn off your wifi/bluetooth when your not using it and stop all your apps from constantly syncing. You don't need Facebook and Twitter sending you updates every 15 minutes.

Another quick fix, do a factory reset and remove backup assistant, Google already does all this for you, it's a unneeded process running on your phone. HTC Sense does drain a bit of the battery, so why not try another launcher? Could help your issues too. But honestly this is the best phone I've bought to date, I've had Blackberrys, the iPhone 4 and Androids. I have zero complaints about this device and I'm formally requesting the '*****ing' to stop because there really aren't any issues to cause this much of an uproar. :) Let the flaming/trolling begin!

The only problem I have is when people declare they are trading in their Thunderbolt because ...blah blah blah... and they only have 1 or 2 posts. They obviously didn't ask for help, and there are plenty of us here willing to give it. I mean, it's their money, and it's certainly their right to do as they see fit, but if you're not going to read the FAQs or ask questions, then just take it back. There really isn't a need to make a post about it, IMO.

Reactions: ccskimmer04

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I understand where you're coming from, but you will never please all the people all the time. I think perhaps some people expected perfection and each to their own liking - never happen. I do not doubt that some people have valid issues w/their phones. It's a new phone and to be expected. you also have inexperienced Android users suddenly faced with learning a new thing and if you're coming off a Blackberry you have to mind-undo what you used to do before. I'm realizing that I'm not thrilled w/my battery either - but then I have never plugged it in for say 24 hours straight to get a really good charge so I blame myself for that but I haven't been able to make an opportunity to do this. Then you have to realize that when something is new people are going to play a lot more with their new toy & they have to get it set up to their liking so I think there's a good chance battery life will be better when their phones are setup and unless they're ALWAYS heavy users that battery life will improve for some that are not happy w/their battery right now when their phone life settles into every-day use mode.

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
The only problem I have is when people declare they are trading in their Thunderbolt because ...blah blah blah... and they only have 1 or 2 posts. They obviously didn't ask for help, and there are plenty of us here willing to give it. I mean, it's their money, and it's certainly their right to do as they see fit, but if you're not going to read the FAQs or ask questions, then just take it back. There really isn't a need to make a post about it, IMO.

Agreed, the OS allows for a lot of customization so you're likely going to change some things and get the result you want. It really 'grinds my gears' as well.

Senor_Dizzle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I can see people who want to use 4G having issues, but I switched to 3G and the battery life has been on par with my Incredible if not better.

Luckily for me I thought 4G would be cool but really wanted the phone for what it is (a faster,bigger Incredible) so I am very happy.

As in you took your phone back and got a 3G phone or somehow toggled it on your TB?

jgang06

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

Im pretty sure my phone went from full battery to 50% within like 2 hours this morning. I am also pretty sure thats not normal, and if it is, that sucks.

So im happy your battery is working well for you, but some of ours isnt.

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I agree with Mordecai. I had the incredible and now the thunderbolt and have no complains. Nothing is perfect. People coming from iPhone or BB should be the ones who complain the most. Maybe they are too picky or too new for the Android world.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

J-Dam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Could you direct me to instructions for both deleting backup assistant and operating launcher pro? Thanks.

I also plan on rooting once someone comes out with an easy one click process.

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Could you direct me to instructions for both deleting backup assistant and operating launcher pro? Thanks.

I also plan on rooting once someone comes out with an easy one click process.

Backup Assistant:
You have to do a factory reset, which can be found in Settings > SD & phone Storage. Once your phone boots back up SKIP THE BACK UP ASSISTANCE part, log into your Google accounts open the market and your apps should start to download, as they're backed up to Google. You'll just have to relog into Facebook, Twitter ect and resetup your homescreens.

Launcher Pro:
Download the app and once it installs hit your home button select the default action check box and select Launcher Pro as the app, not HTC Sense. And viola you're running Launcher Pro.

J-Dam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Backup Assistant:
You have to do a factory reset, which can be found in Settings > SD & phone Storage. Once your phone boots back up SKIP THE BACK UP ASSISTANCE part, log into your Google accounts open the market and your apps should start to download, as they're backed up to Google. You'll just have to relog into Facebook, Twitter ect and resetup your homescreens.

Launcher Pro:
Download the app and once it installs hit your home button select the default action check box and select Launcher Pro as the app, not HTC Sense. And viola you're running Launcher Pro.

Thanks. Two questions:

1) Do i run the risk of messing up my phone by doing the factory reset? ie: is it THAT easy?

2) From what i read, i can easily go between HTC Sense and Launcher Pro if i so choose?

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. Two questions:

1) Do i run the risk of messing up my phone by doing the factory reset? ie: is it THAT easy?

2) From what i read, i can easily go between HTC Sense and Launcher Pro if i so choose?

No, there's no risk of messing up your phone by doing a factory reset. It really is that easy the whole process takes 5-10 minutes. I spent more time setting my UI back up than I did going back to factory.

Yes, if you wanted to switch between the 2 you can not select the check box that makes Launcher pro the default app for that action. However if you set the default to Launcher pro and want to go back to sense for something you just go to Settings > Applications > Launcher Pro and clear the defaults. Hit the home button and you'll get prompted for what app you'd like to complete that action. It's all wicked easy.

Reactions: J-Dam

jtl

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have two questions:
1. If I do a factory reset, how do I get all of my paid apps back without repaying for them?

2. Is it just my phone or does everybody's phone show that the browser is constantly running at about 18MB? I go to Settings > Applications > Runnings services and see it here...no matter what I do!

3. Does the Google Voice app cause much battery drain?

Please help! Even on Wi-Fi, after disabling all syncing, disabling Blockbuster, going through every single app, my battery lasts MAYBE 6 hours of moderate use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol