trouble moving icons to different screens

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

I have 3 (home?) screens and when I try to slide an icon over to one of the other ones from and off the main one, they don't want to slide over. I get to the edge of the phone and can't get them any farther. I did find the option to first select the screen before adding icons but I'm wondering if there is a way to slide them from the main home screen to a side/secondary screen. Just wondering, thanks.

anon(3092520)

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,

I have 3 (home?) screens and when I try to slide an icon over to one of the other ones from and off the main one, they don't want to slide over. I get to the edge of the phone and can't get them any farther. I did find the option to first select the screen before adding icons but I'm wondering if there is a way to slide them from the main home screen to a side/secondary screen. Just wondering, thanks.

I've been having the same problem. I haven't had an Android phone for over a year but do seem to remember being able to slide them from screen to screen.

juniorfan

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Click and hold the icon and drag it towards the next screen. But instead of trying to move it to that screen let it sit on the edge. Once its there let go and swipe to the next page and move it.

EDIT: I'm having a little trouble getting my icons to hang there, but I think it is because of my case on the phone. But that is the process.

juniorfan

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Another way when trying to move the icon, instead of dragging it to the next screen, just drag it over an icon that's on the same screen and then slide to the home screen where you're trying to get it to. Hopefully my explanation is clear enough for you.

Did not know that. Much easier. Especially if the edge of your screen is right next to your case like mine. :mad:

bdragon

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I had a snap on case on my Dinc and that was the only way that would work for me because of the edge of the screen being covered.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Oh god that's SO much easier to place it over another icon then drag the screen. I too couldn't get the icon itself close enough to the edge to get the screen to shift.

Thanks !

leehblanc

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Another way when trying to move the icon, instead of dragging it to the next screen, just drag it over an icon that's on the same screen and then slide to the home screen where you're trying to get it to. Hopefully my explanation is clear enough for you.

I didn't know this! Thanks for posting!

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Oh god that's SO much easier to place it over another icon then drag the screen. I too couldn't get the icon itself close enough to the edge to get the screen to shift.

Thanks !

I must be a more of a klutz than I thought. It's easier for me to go to the screen I want it on then drag it up there. Maybe w/a little practice I'll get better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair