Adding contacts

seabeeluvr

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
When I am adding a contact on my Thunderbolt I click on phone, then menu, then people, then add contact at the top. I then click name, first name and try to rotate my screen to type it in and it doesn't rotate. So I have to do where you type the letter and then click on the letter to actually select it which irritates me and takes forever. Is this normal? My screen rotates any other time I am using it for like say texting, pics ect. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

ksb63

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Hadn't noticed, but does not rotate on that screen. Can always add on your gmail account and sync down also make sure to pick google if adding contact otherwise won't save to the google cloud.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
When I am adding a contact on my Thunderbolt I click on phone, then menu, then people, then add contact at the top. I then click name, first name and try to rotate my screen to type it in and it doesn't rotate. So I have to do where you type the letter and then click on the letter to actually select it which irritates me and takes forever. Is this normal? My screen rotates any other time I am using it for like say texting, pics ect. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
I don't have my phone available right now so I can't give you step by step, but... I believe what you are seeing is either predictive text or word suggestions. Both of which can be turned off in the configuration. Additionally, have you tried to simply keep typing and ignore the prompts? I believe that will work too. As for rotating, all screens do not rotate. Though most do.

-Frank

Reactions: seabeeluvr

seabeeluvr

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Frank when you do have your phone can you tell me how to turn those configurations off or tell me where I could look to find that info? I downloaded the manual and skimmed thru but didn't see it in there.
Thanks again
Nichole

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams