Multiple Google Calendar Sync Question

skeed2

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Hoping someone may know of or have the same issue I'm having with syncing my "other calendars" associated with my Gmail account. I have subscribed to a few multiple calendars for sports teams, etc that are in my regular Google web calendar listed in different colors, etc.

I thought I read that these calendars should also be showing up in my Android calendar on my TB. The only options of calendars I have to sync is "My Calendar", and "US Holidays". No matter what settings I try to fix either on web or on my TB, I'm not allowed to bring in these other calendars for the option of syncing them.

Is there a way to make these work? It this just an Android thing, or is something not right with my TB? I even reset the device, and nothing...

Any suggestions, is truly appreciated!

Thanks.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Open your Calendar > Menu > More > Calendar > Menu > Add calendars > select the calendar you want to add > Ok... that should be all you need.

skeed2

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, but that is exactly what I've been doing and the > Add Calendars portion is grayed out. Not giving me the option to add a calendar. Hence, my problem.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Do you have the other calendars available to you through your Gmail Calendar online? I have my Wife's calendar plus the US Holidays calendar. But I think you have to have these setup online before you can get them on your device.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, but that is exactly what I've been doing and the > Add Calendars portion is grayed out. Not giving me the option to add a calendar. Hence, my problem.

I ran into the same issue. Found out I actually had to add the other Google account before it would add another calendar. Fought with it for days until I figured this out.

Menu > Settings > Accounts and Sync

Lower right there is an option to add an account. Now this worked for me because I had 2 different Google accounts. I *think* G allows you to make more than one calendar per account (but not sure) so if that's what you've done this may not work for you.

skeed2

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I only have one Gmail account/Calendar on the web. If I add my own new calendars under "My Calendars", then it works just fine. It just won't bring in the "other calendars" that I'm subscribed to under my account. Whats weird is that it will bring in the US Holidays, but nothing else. I'm thinking the others just must not be supported? Thanks again for the input!

chrisp9446

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I'm able to sync my wife's calendar, my calendar, and other calendars from people I know. But, I'm unable to sync some of the sports calendars I subscribe to.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I only have one Gmail account/Calendar on the web. If I add my own new calendars under "My Calendars", then it works just fine. It just won't bring in the "other calendars" that I'm subscribed to under my account. Whats weird is that it will bring in the US Holidays, but nothing else. I'm thinking the others just must not be supported? Thanks again for the input!

Other Calendars is online, not on your device... these are just calendars on your device.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I've noticed it before too...

Seems shared calendars from other people works fine, but not "public" calendars, i.e. sports team schedules. Probably has something to do with what format is used... I honestly have no idea though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech