Are you going to signup for Mobile Hotspot?

Are you going to signup for the Mobile Hotspot when the Free Trial ends on May 15th?

• Total voters

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Now that most people have had a chance to try it...

Are you going to signup for the Mobile Hotspot when the Free Trial ends on May 15th?

-Frank

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
If it were 2 years ago and I was traveling all over the country when I was working in the sports television industry, I would definitely do it because at some of the smaller venues we didn't get internet to the TV truck.

However, now I'm pretty stable and work in an office, so more than likely not, but it depends on price.

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
After I have confirmed that there is an app that works when you're rooted and that verizon can't track, I'll use it, but pretty sparingly and only when I'm traveling. (The TB and ipad2 with netflix/skype is a pretty sweet combo).

alfieferenzo84

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
After I have confirmed that there is an app that works when you're rooted and that verizon can't track, I'll use it, but pretty sparingly and only when I'm traveling. (The TB and ipad2 with netflix/skype is a pretty sweet combo).

Same here why pay for it when its free just need a app for it...

bthomp21

Banned
Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
verizon doesnt track the app you use to tether, they track your data usage. so if you use the tether to download crazy amounts of things, thats when they become suspicious.

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
verizon doesnt track the app you use to tether, they track your data usage. so if you use the tether to download crazy amounts of things, thats when they become suspicious.

Then how do they know if you go over your allotted 2gb when using their hotspot app?

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, the "official" mobile hotspot takes a different route than normal phone data. Anytime the hotspot is enabled, both data from the tethered device and the phone itself count against that 2 GB limit. This is why on other phones you can change the dun to fool the hotspot and get around paying for it.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

I only use it when travelling and only sparingly then so I can't see spending an extra $20 a month on it. I have rootedd and already installed wireless tether and will use that when I need it. I don't even use tethering every month so its not a big deal and I don't use that much data so I'm not hogging the pipe as it is.

R

rasfeld.4

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I only use it when travelling and only sparingly then so I can't see spending an extra $20 a month on it. I have rootedd and already installed wireless tether and will use that when I need it. I don't even use tethering every month so its not a big deal and I don't use that much data so I'm not hogging the pipe as it is.

R

Same for me, I hardly ever find myself in the situation that I need to use it. It would be different if it was like $10/month, but even then I would most likely not use it enough to justify having it. But since the price will never be even close to that low, I don't have to ever worry about making that decision.

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, the "official" mobile hotspot takes a different route than normal phone data. Anytime the hotspot is enabled, both data from the tethered device and the phone itself count against that 2 GB limit. This is why on other phones you can change the dun to fool the hotspot and get around paying for it.

You and I posted at the same time so I didn't get to read your post. All is clear now and I'm not as dumb as I write.:)

Sokar

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely not. No reason to use it when there are free alternatives. Using their hotbot makes as much sense as using VZW Navigator.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nephalem42