removal of apps

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
All the software (apps) that came with it cannot be removed unless you root your device. I am a newbie with Android so I am not to the point of going in that direction ... maybe next year, LOL! You can hide them, though but I forget how to do that. I think you need Launcher Pro do hide them. Launcher Pro is really neat, you can get it in The Market.

anonymous239411

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
All the software (apps) that came with it cannot be removed unless you root your device. I am a newbie with Android so I am not to the point of going in that direction ... maybe next year, LOL! You can hide them, though but I forget how to do that. I think you need Launcher Pro do hide them. Launcher Pro is really neat, you can get it in The Market.

You cant hide them on the main apps screen can you?

anonymous239411

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes, LauncherPro allows you to hide any apps you dont want to see on the main app screen.

Is launcher pro like a task killer type of app? or is it just an app. Stupid question I know but wasnt sure if this was a type of app that would use resources in the background.

Thank you for your help everyone!

tarheelDan

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Launcher Pro is a home replacement app, like ADW, Go Launcher Ex, etc. (it's not a task killer).

Edited To Add: Once you install something like this, when you hit the "home" button it'll ask if you want to use Sense or your home replacement. Selecting the home replacement will disable sense and you'll have a more customizable UI (downside is no HTC widgets will work).

anonymous239411

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Launcher Pro is a home replacement app, like ADW, Go Launcher Ex, etc. (it's not a task killer).

Edited To Add: Once you install something like this, when you hit the "home" button it'll ask if you want to use Sense or your home replacement. Selecting the home replacement will disable sense and you'll have a more customizable UI (downside is no HTC widgets will work).

TarheelDan,

I'd assume of all those apps the Lancher pro is the best? from what I'm hearing at least

anonymous239411

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Actually this isnt hiding the apps. This gives you a chance to change the home screen. The icon with the arrow pointing up (called the all apps button) on the default HTC sense homescreen, when you select that it brings up all the apps. Is there a way to hide those icons on that screen, but not change the way the home screen is.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I like go launcher.
However OP you just need to search these forums.
Either way it's adding another layer on top of sense so IMHO they slow the devices down.
I uninstalled them, rooted my device (no custom rom) just removed the bloatware from my device and am happy with that.
You can create folders on your screens and will only see the unwanted apps if you hit all apps key on the device.

anonymous239411

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I like go launcher.
However OP you just need to search these forums.
Either way it's adding another layer on top of sense so IMHO they slow the devices down.
I uninstalled them, rooted my device (no custom rom) just removed the bloatware from my device and am happy with that.
You can create folders on your screens and will only see the unwanted apps if you hit all apps key on the device.

I never wanted to get into rooting my phone cause I'm a week android beginner so I don't know what ppl been through plus I don't wanna chance voiding warranty

tarheelDan

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
TarheelDan,

I'd assume of all those apps the Lancher pro is the best? from what I'm hearing at least

I hear that too - honestly, I only have experience with Zeam (which is snappy and free) and ADW (because it comes with CM7 on my Nook Color) - so I'm not the best guy to ask ;-)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Launcher hasn't been updated in a while (I could be wrong).

Most people early on used it because it gave non HTC owners the ability to add more screens to their devices.

I agree with INK.

But again, if you are worried, etc. I would just get used to the device as is, then add a launcher, etc. once you become familiar with widgets vs apps, etc.

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Launcher hasn't been updated in a while (I could be wrong).

Most people early on used it because it gave non HTC owners the ability to add more screens to their devices.

I agree with INK.

But again, if you are worried, etc. I would just get used to the device as is, then add a launcher, etc. once you become familiar with widgets vs apps, etc.

Go has some sense 2 like implementations