Suggestions for Syncing problem with Exchange 2010 Calendar?

LRD

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
The phone is not syncing with Microsoft Exchange 2010 calnedar so I do not have my business calendar on the phone (only my personal through GMail). I need my MS Excahnge calendar for business because that is where my assistant manages my meetings. Any suggestions for 3rd party apps that may sync both exchange 2010 and gmail calendars? Anyone else having this issue? Anyone know when HTC may resolve this - if not this does not seem to be a good phone for a business person....

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
If I understand your post correctly, you are using a corporate MS Exchange 2010 server for your email and the Gmail/Google Server for your Calendar?

If so...

You should be able to setup your Gmail account (and therefore sync with your Gmail Calendar) using the MS Exchange/ActiveSync protocol.

On older implementations you could only have one single Activesync account on a phone. But on the TBolt you should be able to set up a second. I just tried it and it was letting me set up another one (I already use one for my Gmail/Google sync.

-Frank

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I have a few questions...
What phone did you use prior, Blackberry or Windows/iPhone/Android.
Is it only your calendar you are trying to sync, or do you already sync your contacts and email, just the calendar isn't working?

The phone can handle it...I'm thinking it might be a setting your email administrator might have to specify or setup.

Mine syncs up using Active Sync just fine....that's why I'm asking how/what you did before.

Blackberry uses an Enterprise server (BES) that runs piggy back to Exchange.

LRD

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes - I had a blackberry storm prior to this - but that had a whole host of other problems as it did not have enough memory to keep my calendar and would keep erasing the past.

I am using gmail for personal email, personal contacts and personal calendar. I am using MS Exchange 2010 through the office for business email, contacts and calendar. The email and contacts are syncing just fine. The calendar comes up with an exchange sync error only for the calendar. I told verizon this on Monday and they recreated on a phone and had the same problem - they said they kicked it up to HTC and escalated it as a priority issue - but I am now 4 days w/out a business calendar.

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried to uncheck all the calendars, then go in and check ONLY the Exchange calendar?
I wonder...if it's a size limitation and you have too many events on your Exchange calendar.

GiGi_W

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Solution to Calendar Syncing Problem with Exchange 2010

I found this solution on another forum and it worked like a charm:

As follows:

- Open outlook
- Select list view for the calendar items
- Select all calendar items
- Right click: categorize your calendar items with a category of your choice
- Select all again
- Right click: uncategorize your calendar items
- Voila: syncing works again

This trick seems to 'repair' the calendar items. Which indicates that Exchange in some way "cripples" the calendar items. Al least in a way that HTC Syncing has problems with it.

Hope this helps someone.

Regards, Jan

Thanks to Jan!! I hope it keeps working!

GiGi

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon