84 running applications.

d1ez3

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I know it's been beaten to death, but on my OG droid I never had close to this many applications running in the background (most of which I have never even opened before). It just seems like a waste of RAM to me to have these constantly running when I didn't even open them. Is everyone else seeing this many running applications when you're using any at all?

Zeutron

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes i have tons running, 90% i never even started. I'm totally new to smartphones/android, so I don't know what is normal. Doesn't seem to slow the phone down any though.

willis936

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I use the system monitor widget and my RAM reads between 20-40% idle which isn't bad all things considered. I see about 60-70 system apps running at any one time. Most to all of those are minor things like weather sync or HTC widgets.

asianrage

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I know it's been beaten to death, but on my OG droid I never had close to this many applications running in the background (most of which I have never even opened before). It just seems like a waste of RAM to me to have these constantly running when I didn't even open them. Is everyone else seeing this many running applications when you're using any at all?

If you have widgets on your home screen, they're some of those apps too.