does your recorded video have sound?

does your recorded video have sound?

• Total voters

kcoan3

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Yours does sound fine, but I tried it with mine and couldn't hear netflix from my ipad only 3 feet away.

im uploading another one that might show the issue.. how do i post it so that the video plays in the forum through youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se4Y-DOtIDU

here it is! you can see it gets quiet as i move the phone arms length away from my face.

Last edited:

TBDreamer

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
im uploading another one that might show the issue.. how do i post it so that the video plays in the forum through youtube

YouTube - Thunderbolt video test 2

here it is! you can see it gets quiet as i move the phone arms length away from my face.

So I did a test like yours and found out something weird, for my phone, if theres background noise, my voice suddenly becomes a lot clearer and louder even though i now had my camera further away from me, but when i mute the tv and stop the background noise, my voice suddenly becomes quiet again from far away.

FutureTBoltOwner

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I checked over at the HTC website, they have a forum for every phone they make and someone there created a thread about this and cited multiple sites and forums that have lists of people like us who are having this problem, so hopefully HTC will see it and do something (im pretty sure they will, they have a good rep about keeping their phones updated)

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
No issues.
Taped a few 2-3 minute segments of my boy's school play the other day.
Played back on the phone and on my computer just fine.

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
So I did a test like yours and found out something weird, for my phone, if theres background noise, my voice suddenly becomes a lot clearer and louder even though i now had my camera further away from me, but when i mute the tv and stop the background noise, my voice suddenly becomes quiet again from far away.

Maybe the noise cancellation is catching the wrong sounds then? I don't know if that's possible, but that sounds (to my untrained mind) like a possibility...

Edit: About my video sound on the computer; it is there, but only if my speaker is literally ALL the way up. And it's very faint. I see what you guys are talking about now with that, although it's not happening on my phone with the same video. >.>

zog1977

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
thanks for all the responses.

do you guys thing this is a reason to exchange? i love the phone otherwise.

Do you think this can be fixed with a software update? if it can, then i can wait.

but if you think its hardware then i want a new TB!

FutureTBoltOwner

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I think it will be fixed via OTA sometime in the future (probably next 2-3 months in my opinion) ... just think if it is a hardware problem, look how many people they would have to deal with, thats why i think it can be fixed ota

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that sound has been generally awful with any kind of video apps -- either recording or video chat options. Sound either doesn't work at all or is nearly inaudible.

lazymac

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
This has been discussed on several other posts previously. I'm sure htc will address in a software update soon. It has to do with the mic not turning off noise cancellation when recording video like it does when turning on the speakerphone.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
thanks for all the responses.

do you guys thing this is a reason to exchange? i love the phone otherwise.

Do you think this can be fixed with a software update? if it can, then i can wait.

but if you think its hardware then i want a new TB!

No because its not a hardware issue. The software on this phone is surprisingly buggy. I'll bet its why they delayed the launch.

androidburn

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Wow.... I now have 20 minutes of a family event that are practically worthless.

Did anyone at HTC test this device at all? We keep adding to the list of major blunders regarding the release of this device. I'm not saying that many aren't correctable but by the time they do, quad core devices will be released! :D

So now we've got internal memory "oversight", extremely poor battery life, kickstand facing wrong side of phone or USB port on wrong side just for starters.

abomb78

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
i will upload a video on youtube and you can see how it is. mine seems fine

YouTube - Thunderbolt video sound test

I watched your vid with both the youtube player volume all the way up as well as my pc speaker volume. It was pretty low. I could make out what you were saying just fine, but for such a brand-spanking new, hot off the press phone, this should not be. I sure hope someone (either HTC or Verizon) address this with some sort of update. I have been reluctant to DL too much stuff in fear that I would have to re-purchase crap all over again if i turn this one in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC