How To: Remove City ID Software

willdogs

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I was just able to uninstall this bloatware very easily.

It comes with an automatic free trial which I never wanted in the first place. Messing around with it I found a way to stop it and remove the damn thing.

1. Open CityID
2. Click on "Subscription Status" then "Stop Free Trial"
3. Click Confirm
4. Click Remove Software
5. Click Confirm
6. Less Bloat on your phone

Now, I did this very quickly and didn't really pay 100% attention so the instructions may be a bit off but thats pretty much what I did.

Give it a try and report back

Last edited:

Chilly818

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I was just able to uninstall this bloatware very easily.

It comes with an automatic free trial which I never wanted in the first place. Messing around with it I found a way to stop it and remove the damn thing.

1. Open CityID
2. Click on "Subscription Status" then "Stop Free Trial"
3. Click Confirm
4. Click Remove Software
5. Click Confirm
6. Less Bloat on your phone

Now, I did this very quickly and didn't really pay 100% attention so the instructions may be a bit off but thats pretty much what I did.

Give it a try and report back

ahhhhhhh goodbye!

anything else we can do?

jim302

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
It does in fact just disable the program and hide the icon. It still shows up under Manage Applications.

Still, at least it gets rid of the icon. I wish all of the pre-installed bloatware had this function (better yet, I wish it could all be completely removed).

Reactions: Chrisy

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
It does in fact just disable the program and hide the icon. It still shows up under Manage Applications.

Still, at least it gets rid of the icon. I wish all of the pre-installed bloatware had this function (better yet, I wish it could all be completely removed).

It will be with rooting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781