For all my 4G using friends...

Android 19

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I currently reside in a non 4G area, and after last weekend I started to get a lot better battery life, where with my moderate use and saving tips I can get 11-14 hours a day. By the middle of this year I will move to LA, and will definitely have 4G. For those living in 4G areas, how has battery life been once you made adjustments such as WiFi on, low display, gps off and change sync settings? Any possibility that my average hours now remain close to such once I move-or is the 4G very draining? Thanks

anon(149276)

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I leave bluetooth on to connect to my car automatically and everything else is off unless turned on with auto brightness. Yesterday I totally drained it. I got from 10am to 2am on a full 2750mAh battery. So I would expect about half for the regular battery. So about 7hrs. But I just got 32mb down with 4bars(most I've had, not in my house but in my car) so I personally don't care what battery life is with that over wireless. Its mind boggling.

And with very little use, I'm down to 67% after 14hrs. That means no browsing and only texting and a couple calls. No n64 either. I really think the main drain is the screen. It's so big. So if you reduce brightness in a 4G area, it'd help

want a droid

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I can last all day and more when running completely on WiFi. Unfortunately my Spring Break ends Sunday and I'll have to return to school (where WiFi is horrible).

Once I'm back at school I'll be forced on 4G which will significantly reduce my battery life.

Currently I'm at 48% after 12 hours of WiFi. On 4G my phone lasts about 4-5 hours.

Android 19

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback guys. I should have good WiFi at my new place in LA, so maybe I will just rely on 4G only when I really need it on the go. Otherwise I will stick w WiFi to help with the standard battery.

Geeksy

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I gave my phone a serious work out yesterday. I had the stock battery, fully charged, and used it on a 1.5 hour drive while using the Navigation app. It lasted all the way home while getting 4G radio all day and constantly checking the weather. It died the second I got home, but I was very impressed.