Wireless Charing Cover/Charging Pad

want a droid

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Looking for some opinions on this. If you check out this youtube video (YouTube) you can see the HTC ThunderBolt with the wireless charging cover on the back.

Wireless Cover:
1. How do you feel about the bump in the cover?
2. How do you feel about the price (looks to be $39.99 for the cover)?

LG Wireless Charging Pad:
1. How do you feel about the price ($69.99)

And overall how do you all feel about this? Personally, I see myself shelling out the $110 just for the hell of it. I can see myself using this: walking in the house, throwing down my phone on the mat, yada yada. Then again the bump looks pretty big (circa 2750mAh battery, yikes!)

panicprone77

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Are we sure that they aren't making a back for both the stock battery and the extended and that just happens to be the one for the extended? It really looks like the extended battery cover.

Azturbomini

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I believe that picture is with a stock 1400mah battery. The thickness comes from the way the electronics are placed in the charging cover. It's no where as thick as the extended battery case. I may very well pick one of these up. well 2 pads. One for the house and one for the truck.

zshazz

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
This seems like a very cool technology. I'll probably end up picking this up.

I wonder what would happen if you used it in conjunction with a USB connection to your computer to transfer files while at the same time charging your phone. Computer USB ports don't really provide enough amps to quickly charge the phone... but obviously, I don't want to risk damaging my battery if they didn't think of this use case.

JM4G1C

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a Powermat that I used for my Blackberry Tour... was pretty cool, there was a noticeable hump on the battery door, but I could easily switch back to the stock cover before I left for the day.

Having said that, the Tour is considerably smaller the the 'bolt so pocketing the Tour with the cover on wasn't a big deal. Also, since the Thunderbolt's battery door requires a bit more... deliberation... when removing it, switching back and forth between the stock and charging back would be somewhat of a hassle.

Love the idea, just not the extra bulk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya