Can you hear me now?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have never had a problem. I keep mine on 3g. I hear everything fine. Same on my bluetooth

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

offanairplane

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Someone whipped a dead horse on this one. I wonder if the most recent posts are referbs from the OP.

I don't know about that, but I am having the same problem.

One thing that has helped me is when the problem occurs, just switch to speakerphone and then back to normal and the problem will go away for the duration of that phone call. But that is a pain in the rear, and we shouldn't have to do that.

I upgraded from the Incredible to the Thunderbolt just a few months ago and I have had this problem for a while. Verizon sent me a replacement (brand new) thunderbolt, and it has the same problem. It has the problem when it is completely stock, and it still has the problem rooted and running an AOSP ROM or a Sense Rom. Nothing seems to make any difference, the problem persists.

They are going to send me my third Thunderbolt in a few days, and I am pretty certain it's going to have the same problem. Maybe after that I can get them to swap it out for a Rezound or something. In my experience, Verizon is pretty negotiable after replacing with like-kind twice in a row.

And that is really disappointing to me, because other than that issue, I really like the Thunderbolt, probably even better than I'll like the Rezound. The Droid Charge was considerably cheaper than the Tbolt, but I got the Tbolt because I love HTC phones. I had the Eris, the Incredible and now the Tbolt, and I really just want the Tbolt to work, but if it won't, maybe the Rezound will.

Just like the OP, I have had 2 Thunderbolts in a row with the same problem. In a few days I will most likely be up to 3 in a row with the same problem. This is a pretty common problem apparently, and Verizon to this day says that it's not a known issue.

alansmith52

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
I live in Utah, my first thunder bolt worked like a charm.
The charging port quit working. The had me send it in and sent me a new ... Referb..
Didn't take long till people started saying they couldn't hear me.
I called . They sent me another phone.
Same thing. Then, they sent me another phone. Same thing. Now this phone. Same thing. This us nuts.
And when u call them they act like your crazy. Soft resets hard resets, factory data resets, new sim card. What to Do? My first one worked so well.

cafecop

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 yesterday from Kogan. Works perfectly except no one can hear me talk on it. The voice activated functions and memos work so it's not a physical issue with the microphone. I might ring Telstra as I'm having no luck on Google searches.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech