Im about to give up, do you guys have anymore suggestions?

mfancy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
What is Green Power, haven't heard of that one?

BTW, I've done the BB fix, but it still hasn't made a huge difference. I still haven't been able to have my Up Time be more than 3 1/2 hours

alfieferenzo84

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
i get 4hrs awake time with 4g off and everything else off no update no nothing screen all the way off. Spent over 30hrs reading nothing works. Now if you dont mind the bigger battery do that and you will get 8hrs of awake time...

Im returning the phone monday

KarbonKopy

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Did you do the blockbuster fix? It helped tremendously on my phone. I also took my brightness off of auto and put the sense brightness widget on one of my screens. I have it turned down inside, but turn it up outside if I ned to. I have great battery now and it has gotten better everyday. I had 30% left when I plugged it in last night after 14 hours of moderate use.

If I never opened the BB app does it still sync?

*EDIT* Never mind got my question answered :)

lazymac

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
What is Green Power, haven't heard of that one?

BTW, I've done the BB fix, but it still hasn't made a huge difference. I still haven't been able to have my Up Time be more than 3 1/2 hours

Its listed in the app store as green power free. Just go download it and set it to run at startup.

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure if this has been said, but if you have WiFi in your office, make sure your phone is connected to it and turn off the sleep policy. Go into the Advanced menu of the Wireless & Networks section, then change WiFi Sleep Policy to Never. If you're on WiFi, you won't constantly search for a 3G/4G signal which KILLS your battery.

toothdoc4

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Also make sure after you disable update for blockbuster, you go into menu-settings- applications-running services and force stop the blockbuster if you don't plan on a reboot.

When I do that, I am not seeing the Blockbuster app. Does that mean that it is already disabled?

bugg77

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
i get 4hrs awake time with 4g off and everything else off no update no nothing screen all the way off. Spent over 30hrs reading nothing works. Now if you dont mind the bigger battery do that and you will get 8hrs of awake time...

Im returning the phone monday

Wow, I feel for you folks that are having that problem. I'm in a 3G only area and I unplug at 5AM and my battery will last until 7 or 8 with moderate use (bluetooth always on, angry birds, emails, calls, facebook, and twitter).

Something definitely isn't right with your devices (whether that means it is a faulty device or a faulty bunch of settings, I don't konw).

MBeattie

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is real or not, but it seems like the first 10% of drain happens really quickly, but slows down after that. I'd turn off auto sync, and have facebook, email, and twitter refresh upon opening. Unless its really that important that you have those update. Seeing that you have them update every four hours, i take it that it is not that important.

I believe you are correct. Back when the EVO launched and was found to have horrible battery life, HTC released the calibration method. Along with it was some facts regarding the battery not charging (charger actually shuts off) once it reached 100% as well as details on how it drains and if I remember correctly the first few percent depletes rather quickly so the charger can begin recharging(if plugged in). Since then kernels have been released which enable trickle charging.

alfieferenzo84

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I feel for you folks that are having that problem. I'm in a 3G only area and I unplug at 5AM and my battery will last until 7 or 8 with moderate use (bluetooth always on, angry birds, emails, calls, facebook, and twitter).

Something definitely isn't right with your devices (whether that means it is a faulty device or a faulty bunch of settings, I don't konw).

No i bet your just only using it for 2hrs. Check out my post and post your awake time and uptime...

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-thunderbolt/71090-read-first-post-then-post-battery-results.html

ASLgeek

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I bought the extended battery well worth the money battery last all day now

Did you get the Seidio or the VZW extended and how bad is the bulk?

I haven't really had a problem with my battery and I'm in 4G area and running Wifi all day. The first day I did extensive video chatting and everything. Took the phone off the charged around 10am and it didn't die until about 2am the next morning. One difference i have noticed though is that the battery tends to drain faster as it reaches 15%-5%. I used to have a couple hours on my Incredible between that time before it shuts off now I get maybe a few minutes between the red warning phases. I notice the screen uses ALOT of battery.

If the bulk isn't too bad I might consider the extended battery though so I can get a full day's worth of battery.

jgang06

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
****UPDATE*****

Ok so it is now 3 pm. I have 84% battery life on my phone. This is with MODERATE use. I text message a few people, checked twitter and facebook ect. All of the settings are the same as my oroginal post. The screen hasnt been on for more than 2 minutes at a time.

How does that battery sound? About right? Its at 84% since about 10 AM.

So in short, its down to 84% in 5 hours with moderate use and pretty much every setting turned off. Sound about right?

I must admit. It is a big improvement since yesterday. I installed juice defender and turned off 4G. 84% in 5 hours is pretty phenominal than what I was getting..

mfancy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
****UPDATE*****

Ok so it is now 3 pm. I have 84% battery life on my phone. This is with MODERATE use. I text message a few people, checked twitter and facebook ect. All of the settings are the same as my oroginal post. The screen hasnt been on for more than 2 minutes at a time.

So in short, its down to 84% in 5 hours with moderate use and pretty much every setting turned off. Sound about right?

I must admit. It is a big improvement since yesterday. I installed juice defender and turned off 4G. 84% in 5 hours is pretty phenominal than what I was getting..

I would love to be able to get that! Mine was at 80% by 11AM

alfieferenzo84

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
****UPDATE*****

whats your awake time? I can be at 80% after a 12hr day but that would mean i only used my phone for 30-45 min. over the 12hrs. Try recharging your phone and reboot then watch your awake times that will tell you how much battery you are getting vs how much your using it.