TB Notifications

garymorris

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am a newbie to Android OS and the TB coming from BB Tour. I apologize if I have posted in the wrong forum but I have not seen this problem anywhere else. I am looking for a few things:

1. Is there a way to put the phone in "Bedside Mode" where the only sounds it makes is the alarm and the phone ringing?

2. Is there an app similar to "Smart Alerts" for BB that allows you to assign different notification sounds based on a filter for emails and sms messages?

3. My facebook app does not notify me when someone makes a comment on my post or photo.

4. On my BB, I would receive an indicator next to my SMS messages that showed when the message was delivered (d) and read (r). Any app for this?

Sorry for all the questions, thanks for the help.

thamadness

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
# 1 -- dont know about that yet
#2 -- click settings, sounds, make your adjustments there
#3 -- beleive this maybe a facebook notification setting you have to go into?
#4 -- No apps that I know of yet. BB Messenger is coming to the android platform by years end which will be sweet! It's the only thing I miss as well as being able to type so fast on a BB. Still not used to the keyboard

Coming from the same phone as you. Little things are missing here and there, but over all, love the thunderbolt much better! Internet....jeeeez, it works so much better and faster!!!!!

Sean Brunett

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I am a newbie to Android OS and the TB coming from BB Tour. I apologize if I have posted in the wrong forum but I have not seen this problem anywhere else. I am looking for a few things:

1. Is there a way to put the phone in "Bedside Mode" where the only sounds it makes is the alarm and the phone ringing?

2. Is there an app similar to "Smart Alerts" for BB that allows you to assign different notification sounds based on a filter for emails and sms messages?

3. My facebook app does not notify me when someone makes a comment on my post or photo.

4. On my BB, I would receive an indicator next to my SMS messages that showed when the message was delivered (d) and read (r). Any app for this?

Sorry for all the questions, thanks for the help.

I'm a Nexus One, so the setting may be a tad different for you, but there should be a similar option. In Settings -> Sound -> Silent Mode (Silence all sounds except media and alarms)

Unfortunately that will also silence phone calls, but it will keep your alarm active.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

I came from a BB too. I ended up buying AudioManager Pro and created the profiles I used to have (Phone Only, etc.). It works pretty well, just a bit of a task to setup initially. You then use the app shortcut (or widgets) to change between profiles (not your side rocker buttons).

Edit: Only thing I don't like is that the side volume rockers are independent of the app. Also, you can't edit saved profiles -- you have to delete and recreate the profile to make changes. That's what took so long to setup for me -- took a few tries to get them exactly how I wanted. Overall, great app and a good replacement for those that are coming from BBs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692