How do I Kill apps

Patsox

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
my wife has a droid 2 global, does that os kill apps. she has a task killer installed and not sure now if she should unistall?

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
if there was a way to stop the apps from restarting again then that would solve the problem, I would much rather kill apps on my own then trust the system to do it for me..

ESPECIALLY FOR THE APPS WITH EXIT BUTTONS...

its annoying to go bak in 1 by 1 and kill them when u can do it will from ATK with 1 click

some games, like armor strike dont die if u click the home button, they keep running. We should at least have the option to disable the built in memory manager for those who would rather have more control over their system.

(I guess one possible solution is to add those apps that magically reappear to the ignore list in ATK, what do you guys think?)

Last edited:

shaddix

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
What are you gonna do without a task killer when you get some app that is freezing and locking up your phone and the ui isn't responding and you can't close it hte normal way. Pressing home doesn't fix it and it makes the rest of your phone start lagging out. Yo can go through settings manage apps and all that mess but it happens way too often for me to do that every time so I use ATK. I suppose I could make a shortcut with LP to get to that screen, I think I'll do that actually.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
What are you gonna do without a task killer when you get some app that is freezing and locking up your phone and the ui isn't responding and you can't close it hte normal way. Pressing home doesn't fix it and it makes the rest of your phone start lagging out. Yo can go through settings manage apps and all that mess but it happens way too often for me to do that every time so I use ATK. I suppose I could make a shortcut with LP to get to that screen, I think I'll do that actually.

If you're just using ATK to kill an app that freezes (basically using it as a task manager), then its ok to use. The problems start when you just hit "kill all" or set it to auto kill. The app is meant to be a mass app killer, which doesn't help at all.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
my wife has a droid 2 global, does that os kill apps. she has a task killer installed and not sure now if she should unistall?

The Droid 2 is on Froyo, so it doesn't need a task killer.

if there was a way to stop the apps from restarting again then that would solve the problem, I would much rather kill apps on my own then trust the system to do it for me..

ESPECIALLY FOR THE APPS WITH EXIT BUTTONS...

its annoying to go bak in 1 by 1 and kill them when u can do it will from ATK with 1 click

some games, like armor strike dont die if u click the home button, they keep running. We should at least have the option to disable the built in memory manager for those who would rather have more control over their system.

(I guess one possible solution is to add those apps that magically reappear to the ignore list in ATK, what do you guys think?)

The problem with 1 click is you kill EVERYTHING, which is what causes problems.

There is no need to kill apps on your own. Even if the game doesn't die, its still not doing anything. It's just frozen in that state.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz