Talk Text & Data Plus $20Disc promo question

ISUVetMed

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I changed our family plan to this promo play back when it was offered. 2 of our lines upgraded to thunderbolts on release day and we kept our 2 year contracts. My old phone (OG droid) was to be given to a family member using an EnV2 on our same family line. Today I called customer service because when I tried to activate his phone it told me I had to drop our data plan and add a data plan, I didnt want to lose the promo so I called. I was told that the promo only stays if the lines use their upgrades and sign 2 year contracts, and if a device was activated without signing a 2 year contract the promo would be removed. I was wondering if this sounded right to anyone else, of if anyone has has experience activating a device without resigning their contract and keeping the plan?

I usually use a family members upgrade to upgrade devices every year (mine one, his the next) and sign 2 year contracts then pass him off my year old device. It would be a huge bummer if I wasnt able to do this anymore without losing $80 a month in promotional pricing :( Any advice?

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure, but that promo required you to extend your contract by a year. So I would call back and see what a different rep says!

ISUVetMed

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Update: I called the promo number back, they said regular CS doesnt have any clue. They were able to do it without a problem.

djdarke

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting to see what happens with the promo when they go to tiered data. Do you think we will still get a $20 discount per line? Hopefully