USB Mass Storage Mode??

marcusjpitts#AC

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Might be a question already answered, but again I'm new to android coming from blackberry storm. I was wondering when i plug my TB to my PC via USB how do I simply copy/paste onto my SD card? I use to be able to update my phone in a matter of minutes with documents, music, pictures, etc.. now i can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Reactions: Chrisy

fyrekraker

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I just recently came over from a Storm as well. There is an option to connect the TB as a disk drive. windows7 will give you the popup to explore the drive, then just copy and paste. I did a reboot to get the 500+ songs i copied to show up.

Unfortunately , however there doesn't seem to be a ringtone folder. Just music, vids, pics. Unless I'm missing something, and likely am, there is now way to drag new ringtones/notification sounds directly onto the SD card and have them show up in the menus.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Its been discussed. You might do a search for "disk drive" in the forum. Its also outlined very well in the TB manual.

You have to set the phone as a disk drive after you plug in the USB cable, that should open an explorer window and allow you to access the SD card.

Reactions: marcusjpitts#AC

Spoon

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I just recently came over from a Storm as well. There is an option to connect the TB as a disk drive. windows7 will give you the popup to explore the drive, then just copy and paste. I did a reboot to get the 500+ songs i copied to show up.

Unfortunately , however there doesn't seem to be a ringtone folder. Just music, vids, pics. Unless I'm missing something, and likely am, there is now way to drag new ringtones/notification sounds directly onto the SD card and have them show up in the menus.

To use your own mp3s as your ring tone:

- Connect your bolt to the computer via usb cable. then select disc drive. window should pop up on your computer to select explore removable drive.
- create a folder "media"
- double click "media" folder and then create "audio" folder
- double click "audio" folder and then create "ringtones"
- move any mp3 you want as your ringtone into "ringtones" folder.

should see the title of the song on your ring tone listing based off of song title of the ID tag.

another way is:
once you loaded all your mp3 onto your phone.
On your phone:
-open your music player. select the song you want as your ring tone and play the song via music player.
- as the song is playing or you can pause/stop it, hit the "menu" button
- select "more"
- then select "set as ringtone"

the song is then found on your ring tone list.

Reactions: Chrisy

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
its not as complicated as some of you guys have posted to make an mp3 a ringtone.

once you have ur music on ur thunderbolt go into the customization tab (paint pallet) then to the ringtones icon. once the list of ringtones comes up you should see "add new ringtone" at the top. click it.
it should populate the mp3s and let you preview and add them as a ringtone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith