tbolt throttled on 3g. maybe.

shaddix

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I thought it would be interesting to test and see if the thunderbolt is immune to the 3g throttling put in place recently. Preliminary tests say it isn't.

I was getting 1.5mb+ on speed tests as I worked my total usage up to 10gb(9.5gb over 3G, .5gb over 4G). At 8.5gb I was still getting 1.5mb+ even after a phone reboot. After hitting 10.3gb I restarted the phone and I am no longer able to get 1.5mb+, I can hit just under 1mbit download. This is with the speakeasy speedtest.

I'm going to go see lincoln lawyer now in birmingham and if they have 4g there I will test there to see if that is throttled as well. Probably won't be any 4G though and I am stuck with 1mbit on my tbolt for the rest of this billing period(and maybe the next lol).

So be warned!

Like I said this is just my first test(I did about 15 speed tests). Maybe it was just unlucky heavy usage by others around here when I was doing the tests. We will find out soon enough! BBL

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Great to know Thx. Was wondering what the CAP was.... looks like 10g's if u are indeed being throttled.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

shaddix

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
No throttle on 3g in Birmingham. Getting consistent 2mbps down. Perhaps it is tower specific. We will find out when I get home.

shaddix

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I had seen that some people were saying the cap was 8. But I didn't get slowed at 8. I am home now and I am pulling more than I was before, so I'm thinking now the slower tests earlier were just a fluke. Dunno if I want to keep pushing it any more, would suck if I actually DID get throttled for a whole two months.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463