To all who complain about battery..

Martin23kings

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Idk how you all say its bad i havent noticed it yet its worked great for me so far. The first day i had my phone i charged it and i unplugged it around 2 i started using it all day non stop it lasted me until 9 only things i tweaked was the blockbuster update thing and turned screen brightness down. The next day i unplugged from charger at 930am and it lasted me until 1130pm!!!! i used the phone here and there downloaded apps made phone calls used the camera was texting and browsing the web but i was really happy that it lasted me as long as it did..i really dont get how some of you are getting such bad battery life:-\

Reactions: samuraifortruth

richardpandy

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
They know that battery life is an issue on these phones, meaning HTC/Verizon. My phone had 68% battery when I left my house this evening around 10pm to Hollywood for some fun. I sent three text in the car and replied to one around 1am. Around 2am when the club was closing I went to look at my phone to see what time it was and the POS was dead. This crap doesn't usually last me more then 5 or so hours. I don't have facebook on there or anything that is constantly pulling data. I had wifi, bluetooth, gps all off but still ate the battery alive. It's been bad from day one and this + all the other problems I have I already requested a new one and am just waiting for it now. Lucky you.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Idk how you all say its bad i havent noticed it yet its worked great for me so far. The first day i had my phone i charged it and i unplugged it around 2 i started using it all day non stop it lasted me until 9 only things i tweaked was the blockbuster update thing and turned screen brightness down. The next day i unplugged from charger at 930am and it lasted me until 1130pm!!!! i used the phone here and there downloaded apps made phone calls used the camera was texting and browsing the web but i was really happy that it lasted me as long as it did..i really dont get how some of you are getting such bad battery life:-\
Sounds like maybe you're in a 3G area?

samuraifortruth

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
True enough..

They know that battery life is an issue on these phones, meaning HTC/Verizon. My phone had 68% battery when I left my house this evening around 10pm to Hollywood for some fun. I sent three text in the car and replied to one around 1am. Around 2am when the club was closing I went to look at my phone to see what time it was and the POS was dead. This crap doesn't usually last me more then 5 or so hours. I don't have facebook on there or anything that is constantly pulling data. I had wifi, bluetooth, gps all off but still ate the battery alive. It's been bad from day one and this + all the other problems I have I already requested a new one and am just waiting for it now. Lucky you.

This is becoming the norm on here.. lots of people have bought this phone the moment it came out. And some people are having worse issues then others however no matter how irritated you are there is no reason to knock someone for reporting the experience they are having just because there phone is not having as many problems. For the record after doing all the tips and tricks that applied to me that I found on this great site my phone has had no problems and the battery is lasting ten plus hours and that's with extremely heavy usage. Probably heavier usage than most.
Now on to the reason I'm posting on this thread..
What exactly was your reasoning for being so condescending ?
I mean your right HTC and Verizon both are aware there is a problem with the battery drainage but on the same token anyone that researched this phone before it came out knew it was an issue. On top of that until it gets an update or two there's gonna be some issues. That is a fact generally if you buy a phone on release its release date its possibly going to be buggy.. the kinks are not always ironed out. I know its frustrating but that is no reason to be hateful or crappy to someone who isn't having as many issues. I for one do not think the bolt is a pos as you so happened to put it. I am sorry your having so many issues but this forum is a place to learn and gain understanding of the device not to mention help others who are not so phone savvy. We can't blame HTC or Verizon that some of the phones are messing up. The release date was pushed back numerous times as they tried to get everything fixed and I'm sure they are still working there butts off trying to get an update ready. I don't figure they are sitting around drinking beer saying woo how we shafted all those people with a messed up phone what can we screw up next.
If you have read all the sticky posts and done every tip trick and tweak to save battery power and its still not working right then go to Verizon and get it replaced but please there is no reason to be hateful to someone just because there not having as many issues with there device. I hope your replacement device works better for you.
Thanks
Ronin

Reactions: AstroStrat89

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
This is becoming the norm on here.. lots of people have bought this phone the moment it came out. And some people are having worse issues then others however no matter how irritated you are there is no reason to knock someone for reporting the experience they are having just because there phone is not having as many problems. For the record after doing all the tips and tricks that applied to me that I found on this great site my phone has had no problems and the battery is lasting ten plus hours and that's with extremely heavy usage. Probably heavier usage than most.
Now on to the reason I'm posting on this thread..
What exactly was your reasoning for being so condescending ?
I mean your right HTC and Verizon both are aware there is a problem with the battery drainage but on the same token anyone that researched this phone before it came out knew it was an issue. On top of that until it gets an update or two there's gonna be some issues. That is a fact generally if you buy a phone on release its release date its possibly going to be buggy.. the kinks are not always ironed out. I know its frustrating but that is no reason to be hateful or crappy to someone who isn't having as many issues. I for one do not think the bolt is a pos as you so happened to put it. I am sorry your having so many issues but this forum is a place to learn and gain understanding of the device not to mention help others who are not so phone savvy. We can't blame HTC or Verizon that some of the phones are messing up. The release date was pushed back numerous times as they tried to get everything fixed and I'm sure they are still working there butts off trying to get an update ready. I don't figure they are sitting around drinking beer saying woo how we shafted all those people with a messed up phone what can we screw up next.
If you have read all the sticky posts and done every tip trick and tweak to save battery power and its still not working right then go to Verizon and get it replaced but please there is no reason to be hateful to someone just because there not having as many issues with there device. I hope your replacement device works better for you.
Thanks
Ronin
Wow nice post I could not have said it any better, to be honest I sometimes don't respond in certain battery issue threads because I am afraid if I say my battery is doing fine I will get bashed and trust me it has happened to me already, therefore I will look at the post and see if anyone is or have had similar to same issues as I have had in the past and I will respond to that person. To me it seems like some people just because they are having a hard time get upset when someone is posting that their batter life is good, I don't understand the logic in that when all the person with the bad battery life/problem has to do is get info from the person with the good stats, I mean that's what I did and still do for certain things and the feedback is wonderful, a lot of people here are extremely nice no matter how stupid I think my questions may be.

Reactions: samuraifortruth

samuraifortruth

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Only...

Wow nice post I could not have said it any better, to be honest I sometimes don't respond in certain battery issue threads because I am afraid if I say my battery is doing fine I will get bashed and trust me it has happened to me already, therefore I will look at the post and see if anyone is or have had similar to same issues as I have had in the past and I will respond to that person. To me it seems like some people just because they are having a hard time get upset when someone is posting that their batter life is good, I don't understand the logic in that when all the person with the bad battery life/problem has to do is get info from the person with the good stats, I mean that's what I did and still do for certain things and the feedback is wonderful, a lot of people here are extremely nice no matter how stupid I think my questions may be.

Keep in mind the only stupid question is the one unasked...
If you need any help with anything or have a question feel free to message me.
Anytime
Ronin.

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
I saw a commercial yesterday from HTC showing off the Thunderbolt. They showed him taking pictures, browsing Facebook, even attaching the damn phone to a RC helicopter and using the front-facing camera to send video back. What a load of BS... the battery would die after about an hour of being unplugged!

AstroStrat89

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Sales Person: "Phone for sale!"
Customer: "Cool, I'll take one"
Sales Person: "Very good, it's great phone. It can browse the web, plays music and videos and has countless cool apps to run"
Customer: "Sounds, great!"
A few days later...
Customer: "Hey! this phone sux!"
Sales Person: "Sorry to hear you're disappointed with you purchase, we'll be happy to take the phone back for a refund. But because it's a $700 device we have to charge you a small fee to return as we can no longer sell it as new"
Customer:"Nah, I'll just go ***** about how much you and your phone sux anonymously on the internet"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084