So I know alot of people were complaining about the lock/power button sinking into the phone. I for one would like to use my volume buttons to light up the screen again after the phone has locked. Well there is a way to do this, I downloaded fingerprint scanner (free verision) and I am able to use the volume button to light up the display instead of using the lock button. For me the volume buttons are easier, and its also less wear and tear on the lock/power button. Now Im not saying to lets all download install and use this finger print app, but maybe someone has come across a tweak in the phone (option or setting) that would allow for the volume button to be able to light up the display. Then from there use the original lock screen.
    03-26-2011 08:58 AM
    If you use WidgetLocker... you can light up the screen with the bottom row of buttons, then unlock the phone as usual.
    lovy likes this.
    03-26-2011 10:29 AM
    If you use WidgetLocker... you can light up the screen with the bottom row of buttons, then unlock the phone as usual.
    i know this is an older thread, but could you explain how to do this in widget locker?
    05-14-2011 09:10 PM
    i know this is an older thread, but could you explain how to do this in widget locker?
    While the screen is still locked with Widget Locker (you should be looking at the lock screen)... Press the phones Menu button... Settings... Buttons & Inputs... Easy Wake Mode (press any hardware button to wake).... Put a check on that option.

EDIT: just realized it doesn't work with capacitive touch buttons. My Droid X had all physical hard keys along the bottom and it worked with those. You will however be able to wake the phone using the volume rocker as well as the power button. Those are the only two hard keys on the Thunderbolt. I find the volume key to be a little easier to use than the power button.
    05-15-2011 09:55 AM
    05-15-2011 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD