I have tried both Handcent and Go SMS. Neither one will pop up the text message over the locked screen, even though I have enabled those settings within the apps themselves. So I'm wondering if there is some setting within the Thunderbolt itself that is not allowing the text popups over the locked screen.

Is anyone having success with the popup notification with either of these apps on their Thunderbolt? Is there some Thunderbolt setting I need to look at and change to make the popup notification successful?

tia
    03-26-2011 11:57 AM
    you can't do it on the lock screen. however, theres an app in the amazon app store that lets you see if you have any messages. screenatics
    adaorange likes this.
    03-26-2011 12:19 PM
    you can't do it on the lock screen. however, theres an app in the amazon app store that lets you see if you have any messages. screenatics
    Handcent will pop over my locked screen on my Incredible. It would totally suck if it won't do it on a Thunderbolt.

I was going to get a Thunderbolt but my other half has decided he needs a new phone. I have to wait until December to upgrade.

I want my next phone to be out for a while to get all the bugs fixed before I buy it. I picked up my last two phones the day they were released. Not going to do that again. I want to see what issues the phone has before I buy it. Not going to be a guinea pig anymore.
    03-26-2011 12:56 PM
    I too have the same issue. Worked fine on my Fascinate but on the TBolt. I have emailed Handcent to see what the deal was with this feature. If I hear anything, I will post back.

Usually I would not care but it is a pain for work when I am oncall and get the SMS in the middle of the night. I use to be able to silence the tone quickly but now I have to unlock before I can silence the tone.
    03-29-2011 10:54 PM
    Load No Lock and get did of the lockscreen. Works great.
    03-29-2011 11:44 PM
    I have no problem getting Handcent to pop up over the lock. Works great both with the HTC lock and with WidgetLocker.
    03-30-2011 12:20 AM
    I tried SMS Popup and Handcent. Both worked with TB lock screen and Widget Locker.
    03-30-2011 07:31 AM
    I tried SMS Popup and Handcent. Both worked with TB lock screen and Widget Locker.
    What do you mean by "TB Lock Screen?" is that an app? Or are you talking about the lock screen as is? Or do you mean it works on your TB when you have the widget locker installed?

Tell me more about what Widget locker does exactly please....
    03-30-2011 08:55 AM
    Lock screen as is on the "T"hunder"B"olt.

Widget locker is a lock screen replacement. You can add custom sliders, shortcuts and widgets. You can also open the notification bar without unlocking the screen. Very handy.
    adaorange likes this.
    03-30-2011 09:09 AM
    consider yourself thanked
    03-30-2011 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD