Data Network Dropout

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Okay, the data network dropout issue is bugging me. I am tempted to exchange this phone because of it, but it looks like almost everyone is experiencing it.

I have never missed a call nor dropped a call. Even in low signal areas, with the data network unavailable, I can easily make/receive phone calls with good quality.

The reason I hesitate to exchange this phone is because it does have good "voice" reception. Also, I am happy not to have any other issues whatsoever. I'd hate to exchange this phone and and wind up with some of the other issues that have been reported here.

So... my question is...

In your opinion: Should I wait for whatever upcoming software update HTC has in store for us (I've heard late May/June) *assuming* this will be fixed, or should I play "phone roulette" and keep exchanging the things until I get one that doesn't have the data dropout? I'm worried because I don't know if a unit like that even exists!

-Frank

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I would wait, mine does that too. I have exchanged the phone once already because of the phone hiss, and unfortunately the new one isn't much better. I just think they released the phones with a lot of bugs to get it to market.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I would wait, mine does that too.
Well, it's obviously very very common. Tons of folks are complaining about it. I suspect things will get better with more 4G coverage and the HTC update. I don't really want another phone. Fortunately I always get good voice, and I know how to manually toggle stuff to get the data back up. It's just annoying.

For those who might not know the condition I'm talking about, it is when you have plenty of "bars" (4 even!) but the data connection symbol goes away entirely (i.e. 1x, 3G, 4G). You can still call voice, and after placing a call it usually brings the data connection back too. But during the time where you don't have the symbol appearing you will get "no data connection" messages from the web browser and other Internet apps.

-Frank

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Okay, the data network dropout issue is bugging me. I am tempted to exchange this phone because of it, but it looks like almost everyone is experiencing it.

I have never missed a call nor dropped a call. Even in low signal areas, with the data network unavailable, I can easily make/receive phone calls with good quality.

The reason I hesitate to exchange this phone is because it does have good "voice" reception. Also, I am happy not to have any other issues whatsoever. I'd hate to exchange this phone and and wind up with some of the other issues that have been reported here.

So... my question is...

In your opinion: Should I wait for whatever upcoming software update HTC has in store for us (I've heard late May/June) *assuming* this will be fixed, or should I play "phone roulette" and keep exchanging the things until I get one that doesn't have the data dropout? I'm worried because I don't know if a unit like that even exists!

-Frank
Hi Frank,

I would wait if I were you because no telling what you will end up with. I had the drop data issue about 15 minutes ago for the first time did a reboot and now things are back to normal I just hope its not something frequent.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi Frank,

I would wait if I were you because no telling what you will end up with. I had the drop data issue about 15 minutes ago for the first time did a reboot and now things are back to normal I just hope its not something frequent.
Unfortunately, it is too frequent. But, I'm a believer! :) I know HTC will come rescue us early adopters. Believe, and you will be healed! :D

-Frank