Sharing Documents with Home Server

PatL

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Can the Thunderbolt share documents (other than music, video) on a network or home server? My son's Droid X can log on and exchange the files but I have not seen a way to do it on the TB. I can see the winhomeserver media server in the "Connected Media" app but cannot see any of the files I have on it. I can't see any other of my network connected computers on the TB's other apps either.

I wonder if I new the user name that the TB uses, I may be able to log on to the WHS.

Thanks, Pat

MojaveHigh

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if this is a solution you would want, but I use DropBox (a free service) with the DropBox app on my ThunderBolt and the DropBox application on my PC. I use it on several other devices too.

All my documents, text, images, spreadsheets, etc are automatically synced.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Astro File Manager from the Market has a module to do that. You must download it after Astro. I haven't tried the network piece yet.

-Frank

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

PatL

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the Astro SMB module and it shows it downloaded but I don't see my network drives (and the icon doesn't have the little network sign on it). I rebooted and it still doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Pat

PatL

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Update....I found that if I scroll to the far right on the top ribbon bar, there is a "network" button. I was able to log on, connect to the network, and transfer files. It would not however allow me to view the files (i.e. a pictures would not pull up in the Astro viewer).

PatL

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I ended up switching my file manager from Astro to ES File Manager....I like the interface much better. One goofy thing I noticed is that my log in account that has a "#" in the password will not connect to the home server with this application.....weird.. All users/passwords will though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananui