How to create custom picture folders?

sandslayer

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
hey all, i was a BB user before moving to the TB. When i go to gallery to view my pictures I can only choose "favorites" as one custome folder but can't seem to create any custom picture folder like "family pics" for example. Can someone give me some schooling on how to create custom picture folders for my gallery pics??

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I think the best way is to get the astro file manager app. Then....

Create subfolders in the gallery are located at: SD card/DCIM/camera

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

sandslayer

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
i have Astro file and after locating my picture files inside my sd files i cant seem to merge an empty file with existing files. I can create a new file alongside my gallery file but can't merge them. and i cant create a subfile within the gallery file??

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
do you have to down load an app to view off of your sd card, i can't find any of the ones off my card. how do i tall if the card is being used for storage or the phone?

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
do you have to down load an app to view off of your sd card, i can't find any of the ones off my card. how do i tall if the card is being used for storage or the phone?
From what I have seen so far the TBolt will automatically find all pics. Astro File Manager from the Market (free) is a good way to view pics by folder

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I make a file on the sdcard named media and inside I make sub folders; notifactions, wallpapers, ringtones, and what ever file name you want. I do this mounting to a PC but you can do this with any file manger like astro. After taking pictures I will move the using my PC or astro.

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Its not a file your creating. Its a new directory (folder). While in astro in sd card/DCIM/camera.... choose menu-new-new directory. This will create a new folder and whatever you name it will show up as a category in the gallery.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01