trying to get ahead of the game

budlight-budlight

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
i had to cave and order a tb..kinda nuts im coming from a storm 1 and live in an area that will never get 4g. ..but need something to tinker with..anyhow i've been following this for months and read the plus and minuses..i already know the work around to disable 4g and the blockbuster bs but i see alot of of battery pull fixes...god i hate that.. did that forever till i found the meterberry app set it to reset at whatever time everyday ive never touched that battery in 9 months...so i guess my real question is.....is there a similar app out for the tb? it was night and day difference

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
i had to cave and order a tb..kinda nuts im coming from a storm 1 and live in an area that will never get 4g. ..but need something to tinker with..anyhow i've been following this for months and read the plus and minuses..i already know the work around to disable 4g and the blockbuster bs but i see alot of of battery pull fixes...god i hate that.. did that forever till i found the meterberry app set it to reset at whatever time everyday ive never touched that battery in 9 months...so i guess my real question is.....is there a similar app out for the tb? it was night and day difference

I came from the Storm1 as well. There are no battery pulls needed on this phone, and it's a good thing too, because taking the back off is a PAIN.

The main thing about this battery is it needs to be cycled 5-6 times before you get decent life out of it. AND you need to "bump" charge it.

See this link:
Your battery gauge is lying to you (and it's not such a bad thing) - xda-developers

I still like some things better on my Storm and there are some things I (almost) hate on the TB - battery life being one of them. I also don't like the graphics and the UI for calendar, mail, and text. Storm had a better system... or maybe that's just my preference. You can judge for yourself.

Rem

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
If you're not in or around a 4G area you shouldn't have to worry about disabling it. I think that's more for those whose phones are constantly switching between the two. I'm in a 3G-only area so I just leave it as-is.

Not sure about the battery pull question, though, as I haven't had to do this at all on mine. Hopefully someone else has some input? :confused:

Last edited:

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I rarely ever have to cycle power because of an issue but there maybe be a time when it's needed but no where even close to where BB are at. I too came from BB and remember the days of bat pulls. I'm not sure of any apps like meterberry and don't really remember what meterberry does.
One thing to note is that Android power on much faster then BB do, you could restart your Android 4 times before your BB comes on.

vr4turboripn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I've read a lot of complains about the TB. I however haven't had any of the problems I see posted here besides the short battery life on 4G. This phone is amazing and will only get better as time goes on. The phone has never lagged or froze and never any battery pulls needed.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair