Time is all most up - who's keeping - who's not?

Time is almost up - who's keeping - who's not?

• Total voters

richardpandy

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
After talking to the rep at verizon not to long ago, this phone will definitely be going back. I came from the droid x and got an easy 12 hours out of the phone. I do plumbing and am not able to have my phone on a charger often. She said it would only last me around 6 hours which is completely pathetic and unacceptable. The droid x is set for 9 1/2 hours of battery but I saw much more out of that. With this phone, I see MUCH less then the 6 hours that was told to me. Left the house at 10pm Friday night with 68% battery. Sent 5 text messages the entire night, no voice calls, phone doesn't sync, no facebook or any of that. Club closed at 2am, looked at my phone and it was dead. POS.

easyrun99

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Returning, but not "extremely" dissatisfied. I'm more in the mindset that I'd rather wait 4-6 months or so for a few more 4g iterations to be released and some of these issues addressed (battery, 4g/3g handover, laggy ui, etc). Again, not major issues, but enough to make me want to return and wait.

willymakit

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Keeping mine. Getting 8 to 9 hours out of my stock battery, and still at 30%, and getting 24 hours out of the extended with 30% left at plug in.

Also my wife will not give me my X back. LOL

h2opoloplyr_11

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Definitely keeping mine!!! Im in an area with excellent 4g service! Coming from the DX, this phone is faster both app processes and data. Im sure with the current "problems" with the phone (not network related) itll be fixed with future OTA updates.....but this one is a keeper!

dequardo#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
What's next? I know you've had it, with the X (3g/1x dance). I'm not pleased with the LED, on this thing. But, I really like this phone better than the X.

Not sure just yet. I'm out of contract with VZW but don't want to lose the Talk and Text plan I got on a few months ago. Prefer to stay with Big Red. I guess I'l be forced to look at the Bionic :-\ and also the iPhone 5. If there's no LED on the IP5 then that's a no go and I assume that will be the case. D@mn you Steve Jobs, WTH is your aversion to one simple light??!!!

If I switch carriers it would be for the EVO 3D. I need a FFC and a decent LED.

Really too bad as the TBolt was really nice all around.

mmontel

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I am keeping mine. I still need to find a calendar app I like and a password keeper (coming from Ascendo Vault I am having difficulty finding one I like in the Market.

The volume button is a nuisance - wish I could lock it. Also wish my bluetooth and GPS would automatically start when I turn on my jawbone or when I open google maps then shut off automatically when I close.

The phone is not perfect but a significant upgrade from what I had. Plus, it is a good phone for calls. I did only sign up for 1 year anticipating significantly better 4 LTE phones coming out in the next year.

tech-chaser

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Love my TB and definitely keeping it! This is still an emerging technology and the hardware/battery technology/software will be much better a year from now. But the TB is still light years ahead of my old Omnia. I could never go back to it now.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am keeping mine. I still need to find a calendar app I like and a password keeper (coming from Ascendo Vault I am having difficulty finding one I like in the Market.

The volume button is a nuisance - wish I could lock it. Also wish my bluetooth and GPS would automatically start when I turn on my jawbone or when I open google maps then shut off automatically when I close.

The phone is not perfect but a significant upgrade from what I had. Plus, it is a good phone for calls. I did only sign up for 1 year anticipating significantly better 4 LTE phones coming out in the next year.

Password Keepers to check out:

B-Folders
Keeper Password & Data Vault

I like both. I decided on B Folders because it's free. I like that you can save an encrypted backup to the SD card.

GoldLeader

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Definitely keeping! :)

I love this thing. It's my first smartphone.

Favorite thing about it, is that it can do SO much stuff, and it's so fast at doing it all.
I don't need to go turn on a computer if I want to know about weather, news, or traffic. I can just swipe my finger on a few screens, and I instantly know. Same thing with keeping up with web site updates. Can instantly access every web site 24/7.
Streaming internet radio, movie trailers, music videos, and live performances are really awesome in 4G. I hate waiting for media to buffer, and now I don't need to. :D
The screen size and landscape keyboard work perfectly for me.
Really like Internet, YouTube, TuneWiki, Market, and Messages apps and the Clock and Favorites widgets.
Haven't used them much, but the Maps and Navigation apps look like they'll be useful.
I've been considering getting a telescope, and the Google Sky app seems perfect for that.
I only have a few games, but my favorites are Air Attack HD, Bonsai Blast, and Speedx 3D.

I love the performance and functionality I'm getting. Battery hasn't been a problem. I have the 2750mAh Extended battery, and a holster that it fits in.

zshazz

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Also wish my bluetooth and GPS would automatically start when I turn on my jawbone or when I open google maps then shut off automatically when I close.

You can keep your GPS setting turned on all the time. It automatically turns off when you're not using it, so it doesn't drain power. That said, if you wanted to toggle settings based on what app you have up or any other kind of conditional thing like that, you should check out Tasker. It takes some setup, but it is definitely worth it.

Unfortunately, there's no way to detect when your jawbone is turned on unless bluetooth is actually turned on. A nice compromise is (if you have the car dock) you can detect when your phone is put in the car dock and turn on the bluetooth then.

shellguy05

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I will definitely be keeping my Thunderbolt. I love this phone. My only other two smartphones were a Storm 1 and Storm 2. This phone blows them both out of the water. Of course I will agree with people there are things that RIM does do better than Android, but then again I have never had an iphone and I bet there are things that does better too. But I make due with what I have. And I have to say that this phone is DAMN GOOD. So it makes due very well in my opinion. I only get 4g at work right now, but it is blazing fast when I am on it. I actually am using my laptop tethered right now, its amazing. I love all the personalization that you can do with this phone as well. I know that's really an android thing, but then again this is my first android phone. The ONLY thing I don't like about my phone is a slight buzzing when on a phone call. It used to be much worse than it is now, but I am debating about exchanging for a new phone. Don't want to get one with a bad battery or some other problem that this one doesn't have. But regardless I will be keeping this model phone. Love it!

shellguy05

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Password Keepers to check out:

B-Folders
Keeper Password & Data Vault

I like both. I decided on B Folders because it's free. I like that you can save an encrypted backup to the SD card.

I downloaded mSecure. and I happen to love it as well. Its a great app. i can keep basically everything I need in it. and you can customize every type of category there is. You can make up your own categories and have any set inputs added.

Reactions: Chrisy

wedge40

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I moved from AT&T to VZW, from iPhone to Android. I did my research before making the switch. Not sure I like how the root phone performs all the functions, but if I don't like something I figure "There's an app for that". This thing run circles around my iPhone so I'm sticking with the Thunderbolt.

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Not sure just yet. I'm out of contract with VZW but don't want to lose the Talk and Text plan I got on a few months ago. Prefer to stay with Big Red. I guess I'l be forced to look at the Bionic :-\ and also the iPhone 5. If there's no LED on the IP5 then that's a no go and I assume that will be the case. D@mn you Steve Jobs, WTH is your aversion to one simple light??!!!

If I switch carriers it would be for the EVO 3D. I need a FFC and a decent LED.

Really too bad as the TBolt was really nice all around.

Yeah, sorry the LED was a dealbreaker for ya. I mainly rely on sound and vibrate with reminder for my notifications so it's not too big of a deal, for me.

This is one sexy phone, though. They just need to make an 1800mah-ish battery for it.

gruss

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
My first smartphone, the Blackberry Storm 2, served me well for almost 12 months. I loved the push email, calendar and tight integration into my corporate email system.

As much as I liked the Blackberry the Thunderbolt represents a quantum leap forward. Sure, there's a learning curve involved going from one mobile OS to another but you're fooling yourself if you think Blackberry is still in this game. I think they'll be around for a while longer but they're not relevant in the space anymore. It's a two horse race between Apple and Google going forward.

My Storm2 sits in a drawer and will serve backup duty to the Thunderbolt for only as long as it takes me to upgrade to the next Android device.

Rim does not get enough credit, there are still quite a few things BB does better, especially out of the box. They look old, but if you dig into features they were miles ahead of everyone else before apps and browsers ruled the phone industry.

sent from my phone

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I will be receiving a brand new replacement on Tuesday as I have gone to tech about 3 times now to get help with it and it's problems. I will have 3 days before I have to return the phone if I do not want it. If the new phone runs anything like this one, I will be returning the phone for a full refund. The ONLY reason I got this phone was to get me grandfathered into the 4G unlimited plan.

Does your full refund include the restocking fee?

To the OP - I'm Keeping both of mine.
To the OP - Root, Custom Rom - Problem(S) solved.
To the OP - 1850-1900 Battery Solved.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Keeping for sure! Best device ever!

Love how gmail is push and displays.
Google apps all great.
Internet is awesome.
Keyboard great.
Music player sounds good.

I guess I just like Android OS and Sense because I love how the phone, screen and menus are set up.

Battery life and LED disappointed me. Monday I'm getting the big battery.

Sold my Blackberry yesterday!

I did buy a calendar widget though because the calendar that came stock wasn't nice like Google calendar on a PC. But pure calendar is awesome.

What do you like about pure calendar? I use either stock or Jorte, which I had used on my Fascinate.

And going back to the topic, oh yeah, I'm keeping this baby for at least two years.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm