To good to be true?

glk#WN

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Came across an ad with a guy selling the phone for $325.00 with no sim card, says the imie is clean. Too good to be true?

Spaniard85

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like it could be. See if you can get the seller to give you the IMEI so you can call a VZW store or customer service to have them verify that the phone is clear.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I bought an old restored truck from a "too good to be true" scenario, coolest vehicle I own.

You've got to check on it, if you don't you'll wonder about it forever.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just get on the phone with Verizon when making the transaction and then you'll know. Last year one of my friends bought a Droid off someone on craigslist for only 250 in mint condition. Of course when seeing the ad we thought it was too good to be true but met up with the guy and we call verizon and activated it right in the parking lot. After activation, dude got his money and good to go. See if the buyer is willing to give you the numbers so you can check for yourself. If not, tell them that your intention is to make sure the phone can be activated before you give them any money and that you want to call VZW right in front of them. If they have a problem with that then, it probably is too goo to be true.

shaddix

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
if he just stole it the day before and the owner hasn't reported it stolen yet then you could still get burned.

but i'm still not convinced the tbolt works the same way as other verizon phones when it comes to them being reported lost/stolen. It should work like gsm phone where just the sim card gets deactivated.

just make sure the seller has the box and charger .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12