How's it working as a PHONE?

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
It seems to work great as a phone on my end. Neither my wife nor my mom could tell when I put them on speaker phone, so not only is the phone itself good, but the speaker phone noise cancelling technology must be pretty good.

Zeutron

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Perfect. No dropped calls. Sounds good on either end. I love the large ear piece, make's talking on the phone very easy.

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Works like a champ, best call quality/sound I've ever heard from any phone.
Speaker works like a champ, and an added bonus is the auto speaker option when you're on a call and place it face down.
Great for techies who need to work/type with their hands, etc.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Good to hear some positive feedback on the speaker phone. I had complaints from everyone I talked to - on Friday - that they were echoing so bad they couldn't talk to me with it on. I tried various volume levels and nothing worked. I am in a business where I am on at least 15 hours of conference calls each week. A good quality speaker phone is an absolute must. Anyway I exchanged it yesterday and I'm hoping this one is better.

Nidaja

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I ask this question because I have had the recurring problem of people not being able to hear me while on a call.

I have only seen one other poster on this forum report the same issue.

I swapped out my original phone for a new one last Friday, and on Saturday had one call with the same issue.

It would be odd to get two phones with the same hardware defect, no?

I've put Screen Suite on the phone to eliminate proximity sensor issues (I have long hair, and I'm not going to do gymnastics to appease the sensor).

When I'm not being heard, even if I put the phone on speaker, the other party still can't hear me.

Been to Tier 3 tech support about this issue prior to swapping the phone.

Trying to resolve this before drop dead day on Weds.

Astromech

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Once again i feel like debbie downer. My voice quality is very grainy and for the first time in years as a verizon customer, i had a few dropped calls while in a solid calling area. Also i got locked out from a call the other day. Very strange. Couldn't open the call button with an incoming call. To be honest, i love the phone but i think i just have a lemon. Along wih my 4G or bust issue i am going to see if i can return mine this week. I still plan on sticking with the Bolt however because everything else is good. Well, except for the battery lol

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
Mine works great as a phone. The only "trouble" I really have is that I tend to cover the bottom mic with my pinky when I'm talking and holding the phone in my left hand.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Good to hear some positive feedback on the speaker phone. I had complaints from everyone I talked to - on Friday - that they were echoing so bad they couldn't talk to me with it on. I tried various volume levels and nothing worked. I am in a business where I am on at least 15 hours of conference calls each week. A good quality speaker phone is an absolute must. Anyway I exchanged it yesterday and I'm hoping this one is better.

prob. got one with a bad noise cancelling mic on it.

mine works great. the few calls i have made and received had no issues...well on my end lol. I had a problem hearing someone but that was because my mom's Dinc has not noise cancelling mic and she was outside with the wind blowing. :p

obidos

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
IMO the phone works so much better than expected. I live in a 4G area and I cannot tell you how good it felt to be able to call my Dad and be able to talk to him - he wears hearing aids and he could hear me loud and clear.

I'm also been able to make calls from places that were deadspots with my old phone.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
prob. got one with a bad noise cancelling mic on it.

mine works great. the few calls i have made and received had no issues...well on my end lol. I had a problem hearing someone but that was because my mom's Dinc has not noise cancelling mic and she was outside with the wind blowing. :p

Your first sentence makes sense. I hadn't even considered that as being the culprit.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a really have any serious problem. Everything seems to be working perfectly so far. Nothing has gone wrong with the calls... no dropped calls, nothing wrong with the voice quality. But I do experience some lag once in a while...but very rarely, though.... Just two or three times since I picked it in the morning of the Thunder Thursday.

Besides that, this device has been simply amazing.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

anonymous239411

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Your first sentence makes sense. I hadn't even considered that as being the culprit.

Cory,

Any update with the new phone? I'm finding that for voice commands I need to kinda talk a little louder than usual. Also while on the phone I find that I have to keep repeating myself. While having a conversation I've also noticed while the other person is talking, if I was to jump in and say something they kinda keep talking...now this just may be the other person, but I think i've noticed this with 2 different people. Im wondering if the mic isnt picking up my voice if the other person is talking at the same time. Anyone else???

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Are you having issues with the TB as a phone?

Can you be HEARD by the other party consistently?

No problems with the phones themselves.

I don't like the way the contacts display - very confusing/not easy to just pull up a name in my list. Both BB and apple make it SOOO much easier to use.

The keyboard hides too much of the screen most of the time - They made a screen this big yet made it harder to view information than companies with SMALLER screens. That really drives me NUTS.