Internet Connection Mode

mlee112

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
So I am new to Android, coming frome BlackBerry and I have some questions about the "Internet Connection Mode". When I connect the TB to my laptop and select this feature, is it free? I had to pay to use this on my BB. Or is it maybe lumped in the Mobile Hotspot price? Thanks in advance for any help :)

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried asking Verizon? I think this is the same feature called "tethering" on my BlackBerry and I pay a monthly fee for that.

trjnberry

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been able to find an answer? I really am curious since the free mobile hotspot ends in 2 weeks.

I have been using the ICM since I got my T-Bolt in late March. I haven't been billed for it, so I'd reason it's included in the mobile hot spot feature.

I've used Tether on the BlackBerry, but I've read on the CrackBerry forums that if you tried to tether directly to your pc without an app like Tether or PDANet, you'd be prompted to sign up for the Verizon service. I have received no prompt since using the Internet Connection Mode on the T-Bolt. The iPhone Mobile Hotspot for Verizon does allow for tethering via USB, so I think the tetheing is part of the mobile hot spot feature. Until May 15, the mobile hotspot feature is free for the T-Bolt.