Speeds slowed considerably

Noctem

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
From the first day of launch the speeds on my phone have been on a steep decline. I got about 15mbps down and 40 up on the first few days. new i can barely get 2down and 20up.

Anyone else having this happen to them?

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I've seen slower speeds as well. First couple of days after launch I was seeing over 15 Mbps download speeds. Now I'm getting in the 6-8 Mbps range.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
From the first day of launch the speeds on my phone have been on a steep decline. I got about 15mbps down and 40 up on the first few days. new i can barely get 2down and 20up.

Anyone else having this happen to them?

The speed testing apps are wrong. I have yet to see one, even the java ones that are completely accurate. That said, if you are in a heavy use LTE area, yes, your speeds will slow down as more users join. Verizon LTE doesn't have the bandwidth that the 3G networks have, or the 4G WiMax can handle. The lower the frequency, the lower the bandwidth. As bandwidth drops due to more users, so does speed. That's the problem with Verizon LTE, but the biggest problem is that Verizon chose to run it on the lower frequencies. LTE can be run on any frequency. If Sprint does go to the Long-Term Evolution (LTE) platform, they will likely run it in that sweet spot of frequency bands they have. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...m_Analysis_White_Paper_New.pdf&token=y9uswr4D

Pretty good read. Both LTE and WIMAX have benefits, but if AT&T and T-Mobile get together and run LTE in the higher bands...Well, things will get ugly for Verizon fast.

jigz23

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Try your speed tests using the speakeasy website. I was worried about the same thing using the speednet app, but using the website it's just fine. 15-19 mbps down and 1-2 mbps up which is about where it should be.

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Try your speed tests using the speakeasy website. I was worried about the same thing using the speednet app, but using the website it's just fine. 15-19 mbps down and 1-2 mbps up which is about where it should be.

Thanks for the site, the speedtest.net app had me worried but then I realized they have a spotty record! I got 18 down and about 2-3 up. Not bad.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams