Kickstand Peeling

troo53

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The kickstand on my T bolt is peeling away slowly. It's like theres a film over the actual metal. Would this be covered under my 14 day return policy to get a new one? It sucks cause I just rooted and have everything how I want it hah.

troo53

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It should be... the phone is like 12 days old. It shouldn't be peeling. I'm going to go in today and regardless if they will replace it or not I'll just return the device and then buy a new one since I'm within that 14 days hah.

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
You sure its not just the protective plastic cover that you peel off when new? like what is on the screen, and over the camera lens? I just checked my kickstand, and it is just brushed metal, no plastic on it at all.

normio2

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Its definitely not the plastic that usually comes on that stuff. Its actually chipping away. I'll try and get a pic, but I don't have a camera right now, gotta wait till I get home later.

troo53

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
eklrc.jpg

I called the store I got it from and they said they consider it to be Defective Equipment. Unrooting now and heading there later today.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
eklrc.jpg

I called the store I got it from and they said they consider it to be Defective Equipment. Unrooting now and heading there later today.

That's good to hear, at least. Thanks for the pic. Hopefully they keep it classified like that, cause this looks like it could be a big issue.

I use the Siedio Innocase, so my KS doesn't touch anything, ever (unless it's open and standing -- even then, it's only using the edge).

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
The kickstand on my T bolt is peeling away slowly. It's like theres a film over the actual metal. Would this be covered under my 14 day return policy to get a new one? It sucks cause I just rooted and have everything how I want it hah.

No film or clear coat on mine either, just brushed metal. Would you have to un-root the phone in order to return it?

normio2

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I use the Siedio Innocase, so my KS doesn't touch anything, ever (unless it's open and standing -- even then, it's only using the edge).

Its funny I've had a case on mine since minute one, and yet its still doing it, but I do use my kickstand quite a bit.

so is it a fake brushed metal? what is under it plastic or metal?

Its still metal, it looks like it may have been a protective coating that's chipping away on mine. But definitely not plastic

troo53

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm not going to un-root it's too much of a pain. I'm just going to delete the rooted apps and restore the verizon ones to their spots. The reps won't be able to tell.

normio2

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm not going to un-root it's too much of a pain. I'm just going to delete the rooted apps and restore the verizon ones to their spots. The reps won't be able to tell.

yea they won't have a clue, but don't forget to remove super user. I saw someone try and return their's the other day and forgot to remove that!

mfancy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I noticed mine was doing the same thing the other day. I don't notice it though unless I look at it from a certain angle, so no biggie.

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
My what big fingers you have- no wonder your kickstand is peeling..

Sorry, I had to do that and yes it certainly looks defective.

troo53

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well went into verizon and asked for exchange. The noob rep said no problem and then after he exchanged it I guess his boss chewed him out because it was supposed to be wear and tear and not defective hah. Got my new one in a case and I'm gonna do something to protect the kickstand now!