Thunderbolt email question

imsignal_1

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I have my phone sync'd with my work email. I get several emails a day, I had an email the other day and deleted it from the phone and got back to the office and found it was gone on the computer too. Is there a way to delete them from the phone, but still go to the office and have it still on the computer ?
I am a first time android user had the BB storm 2 before my Thunderbolt and I have have to say this is quite a step. I like this phone alot but at times miss my blackberry. I guess its because I knew that phone inside and out, and this one is different. Ok any advise is greatly appreciated...

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I have my phone sync'd with my work email. I get several emails a day, I had an email the other day and deleted it from the phone and got back to the office and found it was gone on the computer too. Is there a way to delete them from the phone, but still go to the office and have it still on the computer ?
I am a first time android user had the BB storm 2 before my Thunderbolt and I have have to say this is quite a step. I like this phone alot but at times miss my blackberry. I guess its because I knew that phone inside and out, and this one is different. Ok any advise is greatly appreciated...
In order to answer your question we need to know the type of email server you have and how you set up your client in the phone... MS Exchange/ActiveSync, Gmail/Google, POP, IMAP being the most common. They all act different regarding your question.

If you are on a MS Exchange server (as your use of the word sync sort of implies) then yes, if you delete the mail on your phone it will also be deleted on your server. This is by design when syncing with an Exchange server. Your phone is nothing but another terminal (computer) from which you are accessing your Exchange server.

-Frank

imsignal_1

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes I have used the active sync process, and I see what you are saying, makes sense. My blackberry at least asked me if I wanted to delet it off the phone only. This is all part of the learning curve I guess. Thanks for the info guys...

imsignal_1

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Have another question. On the tope of the screen (in the very top) I see some icons that are something like an arrow pointing dowinward and a solid line below them. What are these?

dcviper

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Does the solid like look sort of like a disk drive? If so, that's telling you that a program was installed. Drag the notification bar (the bit at the top) down and there should be a list of notifications.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Have another question. On the tope of the screen (in the very top) I see some icons that are something like an arrow pointing dowinward and a solid line below them. What are these?
I believe what you are probably seeing (if in email) is the attachment download arrow. If you tap on it the attachment will download. After that, if you tap on it, and it is a common file type such as .PDF, .DOC, .XLS, it will open up with the built on "QuickOffice" viewer.

If not in email, but in the staus bar, this arrow usually means you are downloading an app, usually from the Market. It may continue in the background when you are otherwise using the phone.

-Frank

imsignal_1

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Yep thats it

Yep touched the status bar and pulled it down and found that there was some ringtones and a couple of apps I downloaded were in there. I cleared them out and the icons are now gone !!

Thanks so much for your time and helping me to understand this phone better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol